Leatherman line in the future

o0o

Enlightened
I have a small collection of Leathermans, roughly a dozen. I tend to prefer the medium to huge ones, since they give me the grip surface and solid durability, plus plenty of features.

I can't put my finger on it, but I feel that there is NOT one model that fits my needs as an EDC yet. Sometimes I have to carry 2 of them to feel like I have what I need on me (since the functions vary).

I kind of wish the smaller Juice line had locking blades, but I also wish that some of the bigger models had features that the smaller models had (wine opener, etc)

What do you all think may come out in the future from Leatherman?

What would you like to see come out?

Is there potential to see new features that haven't been explored in multi-tools yet? Such as?

HeadCSO

Enlightened
Wishful thinking, but it'll never happen. How about for example, Leatherman's Blast tool. All the tools are user removeable with Leatherman making a wide range of parts so you can interchange and customise to your needs.

For example, remove the wood saw and replace with a proper metal hacksaw and so on.

o0o

Enlightened
Wishful thinking, but it'll never happen. How about for example, Leatherman's Blast tool. All the tools are user removeable with Leatherman making a wide range of parts so you can interchange and customise to your needs.

For example, remove the wood saw and replace with a proper metal hacksaw and so on.

I think this is a GREAT idea.

If Leatherman won't do this, maybe some upcoming new brand will one day.

ackbar

Enlightened
My Charge Ti has served me well. Has almost anything I could want. I do, however, have my own bit kit that I machined out of a 4.99 30 piece set. It is so much more useful now that that I can use standard hex bits and now can reach into most places.

I would like the replaceable hacksaw blade idea. Gerber has been doing it for years with urban legend (or at least I think that is what it is called.)

I wouldn't mind if they "borrowed" the carbide cutters too..

that would make the charge perfect IMHO.

spoonrobot

Enlightened
I think this is a GREAT idea.

If Leatherman won't do this, maybe some upcoming new brand will one day.

Technically SOG has been doing this for years.

What do you all think may come out in the future from Leatherman?

What would you like to see come out?

Is there potential to see new features that haven't been explored in multi-tools yet? Such as?

Not much in the next few years. I think they'll be some discontinuation before we see any more new tools. I think general upgrading of materials and maybe an offer on different finishes on the existing line.

An updated Crunch and the option for pocket clips on more tools.

Features that have been tried before and failed should be reintroduced. I would like to see an effective lighting system applied to a multitool, a way to have both main pliers/scissors on the same tool and more variety in tools on the smaller models: e.g. a Skeletool with a Saw instead of a main blade.

o0o

Enlightened
^Would be kind of neat to have a high-powered LED (Cree maybe?) implemented in a multi-tool.

I EDC both flashlights and multi-tools, but would be neat to have a package that combines both.

Papacat

Newly Enlightened
I would like to see a Juice-sized tool with locking implements with outside access. Oh...and I would like to see an end to the interchangeable bits.

I can only dream.

-Papacat.

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got 12-15 Leatherman tools I've collected over the last 15 years, and frankly I like most of the older ones better than most of the new ones. It seems like the new stylized Skeletools ahve done pretty well for Leatherman, and I can see LM going in that direction more and more in the future, and not focus quite as much on their standard medium sized tools which have been their mainstay for all these years. They have also been branching out beyond their main multi-tool lines, with knives, flashlights, pruners, etc (although I do like the LM pruning tool my wife bought me for my birthday). They have been using better steels in some of their blades which is great IMO.