• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Any P7 LEs on the horizon?

easilyled

Flashaholic
Will there every be any Aleph/E-series compatible
light engines with the SSC P7 led?

I believe it can fit in lights with a McR27, McR27XR and McR38
reflector and that these reflectors used in conjunction with the P7
will produce nice floody beams.

(ie. Aleph-1 , Aleph-27XR and Aleph3)

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't believe the P7 fits through the standard reflectors. Some measurements and testing would need to be done first to see where the focal point needs to be and how far forward or backwards the LED needs to be positioned.

I have not done this yet, but, if someone has and has some information it would be great if they posted here what their findings were.

Wayne

easilyled

Flashaholic
I have heard that the P7 passes through the hole in a 27XR reflector with no modification required
and that this reflector is quite compatible with this led leading to a nice floody beam (but with some throw as well).

I believe that Don (McGizmo) has used the 27XR in combination with the P7.

Others have also mentioned the McR38 reflector producing a nice
beam in combination with the P7.

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
Assuming you get the reflector situation squared away, I think a different LE design would have to be made. The P7 will fit an Aleph escrew but because of it's large size it will cover the lead holes. Of course you could drill new holes as I did below the holes will be too wide for the escan to fit with the wires.

However, I think if a MCPCB is designed for the P7 it could work with a XRcan like for the Crees.

This is the LE for my P7 Arc LS:

Img_1355.jpg

Img_1464.jpg

Img_1302.jpg

Last edited:

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
The standard reflector on the A1 has an opening for the LED that is only 8.64mm wide. The dome of the P7 may fit through the hole. I have a suspicion that the LED focal point won't be correct and will probably require moving the LED forward in which case the opening would then have to 12mm or larger to allow the body of the LED to move into the hole of the reflector.

If that is the case then the reflector would need to be bored out and a new ECAN would be needed or a modification to the XR can to move the MCPCB (if a MCPCB was made) to move it forward the appropriate distance.

Wayne

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
The standard reflector on the A1 has an opening for the LED that is only 8.64mm wide. The dome of the P7 may fit through the hole.

The dome measures about 9.15mm wide. You could sqeeze it down to 9.0mm but I don't think it's a good idea.

Latest posts