New SF L4 head available at OpticsHQ ?

ugrey

Enlightened
The new L4 head seems to be available at OpticHQ. On that website, go to flashlight accessories and then go down to the bottom of the list. It is listed as the KX2C head. The head is supposed to be a replacement for the scout light weapon system. It is listed as 120 lumens and costs $135. It will fit right onto an E2e or an L4. It is supposed to give 2 hours of tactical light, dropping from 120 lumens to 50 lumens over the 2 hours. I think they are supposed to be black HA 3.

Now, some one needs to make a link over to there, and some one needs to order one and report. My E2e awaits.

Last edited:

tazambo

Newly Enlightened
It's not an L4 head (not the same beam).
It's the same head as the E2DL but without the strike bits.
It's a single level only, which many may like.
Available in HA or HA-BK

The reference to 50 Lumens is only that anything above this is considered tactical output.
The E2DL was tested and held a constant output for 1.9 hours, then had a rapid drop.

There is a thread (by Mike of OpticsHQ) in the Dealers Corner of CPFMP.
http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?t=179811

Priced at $135, it is only $1 cheaper than the whole E2DL.

Regards
Dave

Last edited:

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe that someone should be you.
Your request sounds more like a demand....

Yaesumofo

The new L4 head seems to be available at OpticHQ. On that website, go to flashlight accessories and then go down to the bottom of the list. It is listed as the KX2C head. The head is supposed to be a replacement for the scout light weapon system. It is listed as 120 lumens and costs $135. It will fit right onto an E2e or an L4. It is supposed to give 2 hours of tactical light, dropping from 120 lumens to 50 lumens over the 2 hours. I think they are supposed to be black HA 3.

Now, some one needs to make a link over to there, and some one needs to order one and report. My E2e awaits.

Nathan

Enlightened
I would have preferred the KX2C as a dual output head, perhaps because I already have the single output E2DL.
But the price is defnitely the deal breaker.

lightemup

Flashaholic*
My kx2c is inbound as I type :) I will be legoing my e2d.

I nearly pulled the trigger on a single stage E2DL but the crenelated bezel does not interest me. The two stage E2DL does not interest me either. My L1 is my compact task light and at present I much prefer that switching style.

For me the specs on the Kx2C are spot on.....

JNewell

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sure it has more throw, it's a completely different beam profile. This won't please the L4 purists who love that floody beam.

No, and honestly, given the actual application (a weapons light), it's a little hard to see the new version as a good replacement for use inside structures smaller than a football stadium. The ultra-floody L4 was perfect.