Hi im new here

abarth_1200

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just thought i'd say hello to everyone on this forum.

I'll list all the torches i have from worst to best in my opinion

Mag solitaire in candy blue
Maglite 2AAA in jade green
Mag-LED AA in grey
Mag 2D cell in black, battered to death but still going strong
and my latest arrival the Fenix P3D Q5 which i did do a lot of reseach on choosing it.

Its not until recently i found that LED torches are geting a lot better, i always used to avoid them because the ones i bought didnt throw the light far enough until i found the Mag LED, its now pretty crap compared to the P3D, which is why i want to mod it.

So i ges this is a kind of starting point for me and the world of real torches and take any help on offer.

i have been reading posts on here but i havent come across any with mods on the mag led, its a great torch but its just not bright enough and mag 2AAA

could anyone help me

Marduke

Flashaholic
Hi, welcome to CPF

:welcome:

Here is a thread with a list of most of the MagLite mods
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/193434

One possible mod for the MiniMag LED is to swap the Lux III for an SSC P4-U. The runtime will be the same, but the brightness will be approximately double. Instructions are in the above thread.

However, depending on your tools, skills, and comfort level, that sort of mod might be a little out of your reach for the time being. Don't worry, I'm sure that in no time at all hanging around here you'll get the hang of things and find out what's best for you.

I also recommend reading the Welcome Mat. Lots of useful info in there.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
:welcome:

For under $100, you can make a ROP mod with the 2D Maglite, that should be a big improvement over stock.

Triple A

Newly Enlightened
I would tell you exactly how to do this mod, but I have no idea- I'm new as well. Not to new to say :welcome:, however. This forum is great, and filled with many people who share their knowledge freely. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!