Battery Junction
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 36

Thread: Lost my 007

  1. #1
    Flashaholic* dmdrewitt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    England, UK (Great Britain)
    Posts
    1,332

    Sigh Lost my 007

    I've some sad news to post.

    Last Thursday, I took my 007 to work, and carried it in my front trouser (I think you call them pants over the other side of the pond). It was a very long day, and I was tired at the end of the day. I arrived home, and my Spy 007 was no longer with me.

    I have traced back through the day, and put up a "lost" poster at work. Nothing.

    I doubt the finder will know about CPF, but if it does by any chance surface, the serial is 206.

    David

  2. #2
    Flashaholic* TOOCOOL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Westchester NY
    Posts
    780

    Default Re: Lost my 007

    ouch I feel for you bro

  3. #3
    Enlightened roga's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    48

    Default Re: Lost my 007

    What for a sad story! I really hope that your Spy 007 shows up!

  4. #4
    Flashaholic* karlthev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    4,726

    Default Re: Lost my 007

    Oh Lordy, sorry to hear! I'd be down and out about that... Hopefully it'll turn up though....have you offered a reward for it? If not it might be a good idea though you may not want to reward the finder TOO much for fear they might guess the value....again, sorry. Tough to lose any nice light let alone this one...



    Karl

  5. #5
    Flashaholic* FrogmanM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Kauai
    Posts
    1,267

    Christo Pull Hair Re: Lost my 007

    Lanyards people LANYARDS!!!! Keep racking your brain dmdrewitt, I'm sure it will show up! IT MUST SHOW UP! Plz keep us updated!

    Mayo

  6. #6
    Flashaholic* griff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    1,861

    Default Re: Lost my 007

    David, Sorry to hear the BAD news!
    If you don't find it soon I will give you mine SPYoo7 #205
    Please let me know if you can't find it!


    Quote Originally Posted by dmdrewitt View Post
    I've some sad news to post.

    Last Thursday, I took my 007 to work, and carried it in my front trouser (I think you call them pants over the other side of the pond). It was a very long day, and I was tired at the end of the day. I arrived home, and my Spy 007 was no longer with me.

    I have traced back through the day, and put up a "lost" poster at work. Nothing.

    I doubt the finder will know about CPF, but if it does by any chance surface, the serial is 206.

    David
    Sometimes, when I'm feeling down because nothing seems to be going right, I like to take a home pregnancy test. Then I can say, "Hey, at least I'm not pregnant

  7. #7
    Flashaholic* FrogmanM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Kauai
    Posts
    1,267

    Mpr Re: Lost my 007

    dmdrewitt...did you have a ID paper inside the Battery compartment by chance...?

    Mayo

  8. #8
    Flashaholic* Cuso's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,720

    Default Re: Lost my 007

    Quote Originally Posted by FrogmanM View Post
    Lanyards people LANYARDS!!!! Keep racking your brain dmdrewitt, I'm sure it will show up! IT MUST SHOW UP! Plz keep us updated!

    Mayo
    Can't stress this enough..A light like of this caliber , MUST be holstered by Matt or lanyarded by a Ti chain, bolted to a hip bone or something , I feel your pain brother and hope it turns up...
    Last edited by Cuso; 06-17-2008 at 07:04 PM.

  9. #9
    **Do Not Feed The Vegan**
    jch79's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    On the asphalt.
    Posts
    3,635

    Default Re: Lost my 007

    Sheeyit David...

    john

  10. #10

    Default Re: Lost my 007

    Quote Originally Posted by Cuso View Post
    ...bolted to a hip bone or something...
    That's what I do with my most valuable lights.



    I'm sure you're like this about now:

    Hope it's found quickly.

  11. #11
    **Do Not Feed The Vegan**
    jch79's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    On the asphalt.
    Posts
    3,635

    Default Re: Lost my 007

    And David - I'm with you on the carrying... if I'm lucky enough to score a 007, it's riding in my pocket - no lanyard, no clip, no holster.

    Griff - amazing gesture!

    john

  12. #12
    Flashaholic* dmdrewitt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    England, UK (Great Britain)
    Posts
    1,332

    Default Re: Lost my 007

    Thank you for the kind words guys.

    Quote Originally Posted by karlthev View Post
    Oh Lordy, sorry to hear! I'd be down and out about that... Hopefully it'll turn up though....have you offered a reward for it? If not it might be a good idea though you may not want to reward the finder TOO much for fear they might guess the value....again, sorry. Tough to lose any nice light let alone this one...



    Karl
    Yes, I offered a reward and phrased it for "sentimental value".

    Although I work in the airline industry, and our Aircraft Engineers will know Ti when they see it. One even joked "if we find it we will be using the titanium to repair the aircraft with!"



    Quote Originally Posted by griff View Post
    David, Sorry to hear the BAD news!
    If you don't find it soon I will give you mine SPYoo7 #205
    Please let me know if you can't find it!
    That is an awesome gesture, and I am very humbled, but I could never accept.


    Quote Originally Posted by FrogmanM View Post
    dmdrewitt...did you have a ID paper inside the Battery compartment by chance...?

    Mayo
    No I didn't. I really really wish I had.


    Quote Originally Posted by Cuso View Post
    Can't stress this enough..A light like of this caliber , MUST be holstered by Matt or lanyarded by a Ti chain, bolted to a hip bone or something , I feel your pain brother and hope it turns out...
    I have a Matt A-O-H holster for my belt, but I was carrying it in the cow hide leather pouch which isn't designed for belt carry.

    Quote Originally Posted by mchlwise View Post
    That's what I do with my most valuable lights.



    I'm sure you're like this about now:

    Hope it's found quickly.
    Yes, I am

    It was lost on Thursday, and nothing so far....

  13. #13

    Default Re: Lost my 007

    David ,
    We will all keep our eyes out for you. What a bummer!

  14. #14
    Flashaholic* tino_ale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    1,518

    Default Re: Lost my 007

    Awwww that REALLY suck. I hope it will show up some time.

    Will keep my eyes open on this serial

  15. #15
    Flashaholic* griff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    1,861

    Default Re: Lost my 007

    David, The offer is for real!! You do plenty around here for the good of all!
    Take me up on my offer if you don't find her.
    Sometimes, when I'm feeling down because nothing seems to be going right, I like to take a home pregnancy test. Then I can say, "Hey, at least I'm not pregnant

  16. #16
    Flashaholic* tino_ale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    1,518

    Default Re: Lost my 007

    Quote Originally Posted by griff View Post
    David, The offer is for real!! You do plenty around here for the good of all!
    Take me up on my offer if you don't find her.
    That's very generous of you
    But if I were him, I think I could not accept either. It's just too much for a single person to offer this!

    Instead of you making that crazy offer alone, I would suggest that we collectively give a little something to pay a replacement to dmdrewitt. If every one around here gives $10 if you cross the 95 people count the cost is totally covered. Everyone considering purchasing a SPY007 have enough money to help someone out with 10 bucks... IMO at least. After all this can happen to any of us, anytime.

    What do you guys think?

    I would be the first to shoot $10 to help our poor buddy find a SPY back

  17. #17
    Flashaholic* dmdrewitt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    England, UK (Great Britain)
    Posts
    1,332

    Default Re: Lost my 007

    Quote Originally Posted by tino_ale View Post
    That's very generous of you
    But if I were him, I think I could not accept either. It's just too much for a single person to offer this!

    Instead of you making that crazy offer alone, I would suggest that we collectively give a little something to pay a replacement to dmdrewitt. If every one around here gives $10 if you cross the 95 people count the cost is totally covered. Everyone considering purchasing a SPY007 have enough money to help someone out with 10 bucks... IMO at least. After all this can happen to any of us, anytime.

    What do you guys think?

    I would be the first to shoot $10 to help our poor buddy find a SPY back
    PLEASE, PLEASE do not collect for me.

    I have contributed myself when this has been needed, but in the nicest possible way, the $ is not the issue. I really couldn't accept from anyone.

    CPF is an awesome place, and the offers that people will do to help each other is enough for me.

    I just needed to let people know the spy has gone, but I genuinely will learn from this experience and would not like people to collect for me.

    Thank you very much.. this is an awesome place

    David

  18. #18
    *Flashaholic* PoliceScannerMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Gainesville,FL
    Posts
    7,067

    Default Re: Lost my 007

    Man oh Man, I am so sorry to hear that. Hopefully it will turn up! Must have fallen out onto a chair while sitting.
    I may not be that bright, but my lights are!
    "I hate when I buy crap, so I try very hard not to sell it."
    -Gene Malkoff

  19. #19

    Default Re: Lost my 007

    Oh man, I can't imagine how you feel.

    So sorry, David. You should please let us help you....

  20. #20
    Flashaholic* Edwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    993

    Default Re: Lost my 007

    Hope you find it soon.

    At the very least, I'll try to post on your behalf on the next 007 sales thread if you are not able to.

    Yeah, have a lanyard hole punched into the cowhide sleeve and have it tethered to a belt loop, most discreet way of secured pocket carry I can think of, unless the belt loop breaks.

    -Ed
    Small: MJP Extreme III Orb Raw Ti and NS
    Medium: Oveready Triple Copper E2e
    MJP-E3e (15-3Ostar) Surefire L4 (MC-E) LensLight Mini
    Large: Surefire M6-WA1185 M-Zep MZXR-7a

  21. #21

    Default Re: Lost my 007

    Gutted. Really sorry to hear this mate. Hope luck your luck improves and it turns up.
    Favs: TiPD-S's, Spy 007s

  22. #22

    Default Re: Lost my 007

    I am so honored being a member of this very fine forum.
    Griff ...

    Anything I can help, I am in.

    Tanasit

  23. #23
    Flashaholic* billybright's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Lincolnshire-England
    Posts
    869

    Default Re: Lost my 007

    David,

    I'm really sorry to hear you lost your 007

    Have you looked down the sides/under sofas, car seats etc?

    If you would let us,
    I'm also more than willing to help get you another one

    Hope it turns up very soon!!

    - James
    -James

  24. #24
    *Flashaholic* easilyled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Middlesex, UK
    Posts
    5,405

    Default Re: Lost my 007

    As you know David, I'm very sorry to hear about this (via your PM)

    I would certainly also put your name down if I caught another Sales Thread.

    I wish there was something else I could do to help.

    Griff, that's a marvelous gesture by the way.
    Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine

  25. #25

    Default Re: Lost my 007

    We need to keep an eye on evilbay too.

  26. #26
    Flashaholic* dizzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    pennsylvania
    Posts
    987

    Default Re: Lost my 007

    I too am sorry to hear of this. I can't be without my spy for more than 24 hours, or I get nervous that I lost it. It is the first thing I pick up in the morning, and the last thing I put down before bed.

    I would be glad to pitch in for a new one also, so I will be monitoring this thread. Just say the word.
    The beatings will continue until morale improves!!!!

  27. #27
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    763

    Default Re: Lost my 007

    What he ^ said.
    Chris

  28. #28
    Flashaholic* Chronos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Potomac, MD
    Posts
    1,753

    Au Re: Lost my 007

    If there is something we all can do, perhaps chip in towards a new one, please know that I'm in too! dmdrewitt is one of the great ones, and I'd be honored to help out.

    What a damn shame. I've lost one decent light and it still pains me.
    A few favorite lights from: McGizmo, Data, milkyspit, HDS, and Surefire

  29. #29
    Flashaholic* ArsMachina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Germoney
    Posts
    703

    Default Re: Lost my 007

    Hi David,

    I am sorry to hear these bad news.
    I can imagine how you feel, half a year ago I lost my polished 005 the same way - I carried it in the front pocket of my yeans and at the evening it was gone

    With that experience I got a vertical holster from Matt for my 007 but yesterday the holster with the 007 inside fell of my belt. Fortunally I heard the "bang" when the holster met the ground...

    But these lights are users like no other lights around, so I will go on taking the risk of loosing them. Without a Spy I fell so naked

    I hope you will have more luck than I had and your Spy will turn up again!

    Jochen

  30. #30
    Flashaholic* dmdrewitt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    England, UK (Great Britain)
    Posts
    1,332

    Default Re: Lost my 007

    Thank you for all the kind words guys

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •