Lost my 007

dmdrewitt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've some sad news to post.

Last Thursday, I took my 007 to work, and carried it in my front trouser (I think you call them pants over the other side of the pond). It was a very long day, and I was tired at the end of the day. I arrived home, and my Spy 007 was no longer with me. :shakehead

I have traced back through the day, and put up a "lost" poster at work. Nothing. :thumbsdow

I doubt the finder will know about CPF, but if it does by any chance surface, the serial is 206.

David :(

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh Lordy, sorry to hear! I'd be down and out about that...:sigh: Hopefully it'll turn up though....have you offered a reward for it? If not it might be a good idea though you may not want to reward the finder TOO much for fear they might guess the value....again, sorry. Tough to lose any nice light let alone this one...

Karl

FrogmanM

Flashlight Enthusiast
:eek::green::sick2::sick: Lanyards people LANYARDS!!!! Keep racking your brain dmdrewitt, I'm sure it will show up! IT MUST SHOW UP! Plz keep us updated!:mecry:

Mayo

griff

Flashlight Enthusiast
David, Sorry to hear the BAD news!
If you don't find it soon I will give you mine SPYoo7 #205
Please let me know if you can't find it!:oops:

I've some sad news to post.

Last Thursday, I took my 007 to work, and carried it in my front trouser (I think you call them pants over the other side of the pond). It was a very long day, and I was tired at the end of the day. I arrived home, and my Spy 007 was no longer with me. :shakehead

I have traced back through the day, and put up a "lost" poster at work. Nothing. :thumbsdow

I doubt the finder will know about CPF, but if it does by any chance surface, the serial is 206.

David :(

FrogmanM

Flashlight Enthusiast
dmdrewitt...did you have a ID paper inside the Battery compartment by chance...?:confused:

Mayo:(

Cuso

Flashlight Enthusiast
:eek::green::sick2::sick: Lanyards people LANYARDS!!!! Keep racking your brain dmdrewitt, I'm sure it will show up! IT MUST SHOW UP! Plz keep us updated!:mecry:

Mayo
Can't stress this enough..A light like of this caliber , MUST be holstered by Matt or lanyarded by a Ti chain, bolted to a hip bone or something , I feel your pain brother and hope it turns up...

Last edited:

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,
And David - I'm with you on the carrying... if I'm lucky enough to score a 007, it's riding in my pocket - no lanyard, no clip, no holster.

Griff - amazing gesture! :thumbsup:

john

dmdrewitt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you for the kind words guys.

Oh Lordy, sorry to hear! I'd be down and out about that...:sigh: Hopefully it'll turn up though....have you offered a reward for it? If not it might be a good idea though you may not want to reward the finder TOO much for fear they might guess the value....again, sorry. Tough to lose any nice light let alone this one...

Karl

Yes, I offered a reward and phrased it for "sentimental value".

Although I work in the airline industry, and our Aircraft Engineers will know Ti when they see it. One even joked "if we find it we will be using the titanium to repair the aircraft with!"

David, Sorry to hear the BAD news!
If you don't find it soon I will give you mine SPYoo7 #205
Please let me know if you can't find it!:oops:

That is an awesome gesture, and I am very humbled, but I could never accept. :rock:

dmdrewitt...did you have a ID paper inside the Battery compartment by chance...?:confused:

Mayo:(

No I didn't. I really really wish I had. :sigh:

Can't stress this enough..A light like of this caliber , MUST be holstered by Matt or lanyarded by a Ti chain, bolted to a hip bone or something , I feel your pain brother and hope it turns out...

I have a Matt A-O-H holster for my belt, but I was carrying it in the cow hide leather pouch which isn't designed for belt carry.

That's what I do with my most valuable lights.

I'm sure you're like this about now: :mecry:

Hope it's found quickly.

Yes, I am :mecry:

It was lost on Thursday, and nothing so far....

bf1

Enlightened
David ,
We will all keep our eyes out for you. What a bummer!:mecry:

griff

Flashlight Enthusiast
David, The offer is for real!! You do plenty around here for the good of all!
Take me up on my offer if you don't find her.:popcorn:

tino_ale

Flashlight Enthusiast
David, The offer is for real!! You do plenty around here for the good of all!
Take me up on my offer if you don't find her.:popcorn:
That's very generous of you :faint:
But if I were him, I think I could not accept either. It's just too much for a single person to offer this!

Instead of you making that crazy offer alone, I would suggest that we collectively give a little something to pay a replacement to dmdrewitt. If every one around here gives $10 if you cross the 95 people count the cost is totally covered. Everyone considering purchasing a SPY007 have enough money to help someone out with 10 bucks... IMO at least. After all this can happen to any of us, anytime.

What do you guys think?

I would be the first to shoot $10 to help our poor buddy find a SPY back

dmdrewitt

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's very generous of you :faint:
But if I were him, I think I could not accept either. It's just too much for a single person to offer this!

Instead of you making that crazy offer alone, I would suggest that we collectively give a little something to pay a replacement to dmdrewitt. If every one around here gives $10 if you cross the 95 people count the cost is totally covered. Everyone considering purchasing a SPY007 have enough money to help someone out with 10 bucks... IMO at least. After all this can happen to any of us, anytime.

What do you guys think?

I would be the first to shoot $10 to help our poor buddy find a SPY back

PLEASE, PLEASE do not collect for me.:candle:

I have contributed myself when this has been needed, but in the nicest possible way, the $ is not the issue. :bow: I really couldn't accept from anyone.

CPF is an awesome place, and the offers that people will do to help each other is enough for me. :thumbsup:

I just needed to let people know the spy has gone, but I genuinely will learn from this experience :banghead: and would not like people to collect for me.

Thank you very much.. this is an awesome place :buddies:

David :thumbsup:

EricMack

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh man, I can't imagine how you feel. :hairpull:

So sorry, David. You should please let us help you.... :wave:

Edwood

Enlightened
Hope you find it soon.

At the very least, I'll try to post on your behalf on the next 007 sales thread if you are not able to.

Yeah, have a lanyard hole punched into the cowhide sleeve and have it tethered to a belt loop, most discreet way of secured pocket carry I can think of, unless the belt loop breaks.

-Ed