Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 74

Thread: Raw NS Ship Time

  1. #1

    Default Raw NS Ship Time

    Has anybody ordered and received a Lummi Raw NS lately? I ordered one over 6 weeks ago while they where allegedly "in stock" according to the website but it still hasn't shipped. I've contacted Rob a couple of times and both times gotten an answer that made it sound like it would ship in the next week or so, but it hasn't.

    I'm annoyed that he has these things listed as in stock on the website even though they obviously aren't. However, I still want the light and I don't see much point in bugging him again so I thought I'd check in here and see if anyone has a clue on how long I might expect to wait.

    Thanks,
    -Mike

  2. #2
    Flashaholic
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Springdale, Arkansas
    Posts
    176

    Default Re: Raw NS Ship Time

    same boat as you, I orded the raw AL aprox 5-6 weeks ago, I did get an email a day or two after I ordered and he said he would ship in a couple of weeks. a couple of weeks was 3 weeks ago. I'm trying to patiently wait.

  3. #3
    Flashaholic paxxus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    313

    Default Re: Raw NS Ship Time

    I ordered a raw NS two days ago and got this answer:

    "Please allow 7-10 days before your order is dispatched.
    This is due to a shortage of a few components which are due in this
    week."

    Your experience has made me worried now though

  4. #4

    Default Re: Raw NS Ship Time

    I'm waiting on a raw AL and wee NS too. Rob posted in his own Sub-Forum on the 9th to say that his CNC shop was behind on orders. Suggest you check there periodically for updates.

  5. #5
    Flashaholic* orb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,579

    Default Re: Raw NS Ship Time

    Guys, I understand the concerns. & I apologies for the longer delays than expected.
    Things are coming together & I will be dispatching lots of over due orders next week.
    It will take a while to catch up & hope that most will bear with me at this time.
    The cause of the delays is mostly due to the CNC shop we use. Our orders are 3 months behind.
    Any time any body is concerned or for general info please email me direct or use the Lummi sub forum as I would not always see a post here.
    www.Lummi.co.uk
    Email (No Pm's) Please lummii@gmail.com

  6. #6
    Flashaholic
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Springdale, Arkansas
    Posts
    176

    Default Re: Raw NS Ship Time

    Thanks for the reply. I eagerly await my light ! How about you upgrade it to a p7 for free because of making us wait so long?

  7. #7
    Flashaholic paxxus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    313

    Au Re: Raw NS Ship Time

    Any news?

  8. #8
    Flashaholic* orb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,579

    Default Re: Raw NS Ship Time

    Yes, Any back ordered Raw NS will be dispatched no later than 18th July.
    www.Lummi.co.uk
    Email (No Pm's) Please lummii@gmail.com

  9. #9

    Default Re: Raw NS Ship Time

    what about raw al?

  10. #10
    Flashaholic* orb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,579

    Default Re: Raw NS Ship Time

    Quote Originally Posted by foxracer72 View Post
    what about raw al?
    All Raw Al back orders will be assembled next week beginning 21st July & dispatched during that week.
    www.Lummi.co.uk
    Email (No Pm's) Please lummii@gmail.com

  11. #11

    Default Re: Raw NS Ship Time

    The question is still a valid one: why are items listed as being in stock if they are not? Just sets the expectation for a light as soon as it can be dropped off at the post office instead of one weeks away.

  12. #12
    Enlightened Scabal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    0

    Default Re: Raw NS Ship Time

    Quote Originally Posted by orb View Post
    All Raw Al back orders will be assembled next week beginning 21st July & dispatched during that week.
    Yeah! Good news.
    You can not make an omelet without breaking eggs.

  13. #13
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    881

    Default Re: Raw NS Ship Time

    If it makes anyone feel better, the backlog must be much less now as when I ordered my Raw NS last week on thursday, my email confirmation said 1 - 4 days before it ships (so hopefully, today?) ^_^

  14. #14
    Flashaholic
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
    Posts
    44

    Default Re: Raw NS Ship Time

    Don't mean to hijack your post - just curious about actual DELIVERY times of items once shipped from Orb.

    I ordered a Wee on June 21st - was emailed by Rob that is shipped out on June 25th...

    But still waiting on it to arrive...

    Is it normal for orders to take OVER 3 weeks (now almost 4) to arrive from Orb to North America??

    I routinely order DVDs from the UK - and the maximum ship time to my door is 10 days...

    Last edited by liam_995; 07-22-2008 at 08:04 PM.
    Vancouver Island, Canada

  15. #15

    Default Re: Raw NS Ship Time

    ordered mine a al mid may but no wories im sure rob is doing everything posable to get his orders out asap

  16. #16

    Default Re: Raw NS Ship Time

    Quote Originally Posted by liam_995 View Post
    Is it normal for orders to take OVER 3 weeks (now almost 4) to arrive from Orb to North America??
    Mine only took about a week as I recall to get to California. I'd check with Rob, maybe he can track it.

    -Mike

  17. #17
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    881

    Default Re: Raw NS Ship Time

    In the UK his shipping time will probably be 1-3 days average as he uses first class recorded post generally as far as I know.

    No idea about international, if he uses airmail then probably 1-2 weeks for the US so I'd definately get in touch with him.

  18. #18
    Flashaholic
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
    Posts
    44

    Default Re: Raw NS Ship Time

    Quote Originally Posted by zipplet View Post
    In the UK his shipping time will probably be 1-3 days average as he uses first class recorded post generally as far as I know.

    No idea about international, if he uses airmail then probably 1-2 weeks for the US so I'd definately get in touch with him.
    Thanks for the feedback - I have contacted Rob several times; he is very good in replying to my concerns - but he says:
    I am sorry to here you are disappointed.
    We use Royal mail & they will not start a claim for lost packages until 6 weeks have past.
    It is very rare for international post to take any longer than 2 weeks, but sometimes it has taken 4 weeks & the order still arrives.
    I have reassured you that you will be looked after & you will receive your order.
    Please understand the shipping is out of our control.
    Which is saying to me - "tough luck; wait for 6 WEEKS to pass and...THEN...I'll look into it"...

    What would I like?? Rob - please send me a NEW Wee NS with Trits (as paid for) via FedEx (fast, trackable and insured) - TODAY!

    IF the original Wee...finally...arrives - I will either PAY for it; or return it to you...

    NOT a happy camper!!


    Last edited by liam_995; 07-23-2008 at 09:35 AM.
    Vancouver Island, Canada

  19. #19
    Flashaholic* orb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,579

    Default Re: Raw NS Ship Time

    Hello Doug,

    Whilst I do my best to look after all my customers very rarely we get a case of dealing with some people who just cannot be pleased.
    I had hoped you understood sometimes things go wrong or get delayed with international shipping.
    What I did try to reassure you with was that in the case your order does not arrive I would front the cost of sending you a replacement. Just like I have in the rare times this has happened in the past.
    It is tough luck for ME as I am the one who looses the money for the replacement or the Refund for your order not arriving.
    Perhaps with your attitude I should rethink my shipping polices & like others state that I am not responsible for the order after I have dispatched it.?
    However based on a good 4 years of shipping thousands of my lights worldwide I will not allow you to spoil my system or polices for the rest of my customers.

    How to proceed?
    We ether hang on in there until the end of this week & hope your order arrives.
    In the event it does not show up by Monday 28th July I will send you a second replacement order. Only once has this not worked out & a 3rd order was sent before we gave up & I refunded the customer.
    Or:
    I will send you a full refund today & hope that if your order did arrive you would be honest & resend the payment.
    Please confirm you preference.
    It would be very expensive to send orders via Fedex, something like £35 or $70. Unbelievable I know, your welcome to look into it.

    Kind Regards
    Rob @ Lummi
    www.Lummi.co.uk
    Email (No Pm's) Please lummii@gmail.com

  20. #20
    Flashaholic
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
    Posts
    44

    Default Re: Raw NS Ship Time

    Quote Originally Posted by orb View Post
    Hello Doug,

    Whilst I do my best to look after all my customers very rarely we get a case of dealing with some people who just cannot be pleased.
    I had hoped you understood sometimes things go wrong or get delayed with international shipping.
    What I did try to reassure you with was that in the case your order does not arrive I would front the cost of sending you a replacement. Just like I have in the rare times this has happened in the past.
    It is tough luck for ME as I am the one who looses the money for the replacement or the Refund for your order not arriving.
    Perhaps with your attitude I should rethink my shipping polices & like others state that I am not responsible for the order after I have dispatched it.?
    However based on a good 4 years of shipping thousands of my lights worldwide I will not allow you to spoil my system or polices for the rest of my customers.

    How to proceed?
    We ether hang on in there until the end of this week & hope your order arrives.
    In the event it does not show up by Monday 28th July I will send you a second replacement order. Only once has this not worked out & a 3rd order was sent before we gave up & I refunded the customer.
    Or:
    I will send you a full refund today & hope that if your order did arrive you would be honest & resend the payment.
    Please confirm you preference.
    It would be very expensive to send orders via Fedex, something like £35 or $70. Unbelievable I know, your welcome to look into it.

    Kind Regards
    Rob @ Lummi
    Rob -

    I am MORE than willing to wait until July 28th for the Wee to arrive (why not make it an even 31 days??). I was distressed by what I thought was your indication that you were not going to do anything until 6 WEEKS had passed, before taking ANY action...

    I am a PowerSeller on eBay (with Feedback of over 800; with 99.3% rating), and I have had MANY shipments ordered from the UK (DVDS and small electronics) - and the LONGEST ship time was 10 DAYS - to my door (not counting those that...uhm...mis-stated the actual ship date; something that occasionally happens with busy sellers)...

    So...I don't think I am among "some people who just cannot be pleased" - I am being VERY reasonable in expressing my dismay that ...now...28 DAYS (June 25th - July 23rd)...after you stated:
    Today the 25th of June your order from Lummi was dispatched to you.
    Thank you kindly for your custom
    ...it has STILL not arrived...

    Cheers!
    Doug
    Last edited by liam_995; 07-24-2008 at 12:01 AM.
    Vancouver Island, Canada

  21. #21
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Bracknell, England.
    Posts
    1,176

    Default Re: Raw NS Ship Time

    If you haven't got it by now it's probably lost in the post somewhere but I don't see how you can expect a guy to ship you out a second light before he can get confirmation from the post office that the first wasn't delivered. If he does then, Hey Rob, my three Raws, NS and Wee didn't arrive, could I have some more. ( Damn, forgot you saw them at the meet last week.)
    Robs got a great reputation for customer service here and is also a nice guy to boot. Put yourself in his shoes, you sold something to a guy you don't know in another country and he says he didn't get it and wants you to send another before you can get it confirmed by the post office...

    I know it's a pain when stuff goes missing in the mail but you have to be realistic about it.

  22. #22
    Flashaholic
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
    Posts
    44

    Default Re: Raw NS Ship Time

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    If you haven't got it by now it's probably lost in the post somewhere but I don't see how you can expect a guy to ship you out a second light before he can get confirmation from the post office that the first wasn't delivered. If he does then, Hey Rob, my three Raws, NS and Wee didn't arrive, could I have some more. ( Damn, forgot you saw them at the meet last week.)
    Robs got a great reputation for customer service here and is also a nice guy to boot. Put yourself in his shoes, you sold something to a guy you don't know in another country and he says he didn't get it and wants you to send another before you can get it confirmed by the post office...

    I know it's a pain when stuff goes missing in the mail but you have to be realistic about it.
    OK - so you're implying that I might be...lying?

    Nice of you!!

    Please check out ALL my trades here on CPF - to start...

    THEN go to my eBay ID for ALL my positive feedback from around the World; over 4 years...and THEN you can make your...comments...

    PM sent!!


    Doug
    Vancouver Island, Canada

  23. #23
    Flashaholic
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Springdale, Arkansas
    Posts
    176

    Default Re: Raw NS Ship Time

    I'm still waiting patiently as well. 8 weeks, 12 weeks, I can't even remember how long it has been. The light should make it all worth it, but I can feel dougs pain at waiting. over a month ago there was a post it would be out in a week, I never thought that would turn into a month, and maybe...gasp, more?

    I hand copper build mr-11 landscape lights for folks and I ship out...in 72 hours. but then I don't sell in the hundreds either.

  24. #24

    Default Re: Raw NS Ship Time

    I placed my order on July 1, and my light, shipped on the 10th of July according to Rob, has yet to arrive. I've not yet lost hope, but I'm getting a little frustrated.
    It'd be nice if there were some transatlantic shipping options offered that include package tracking. At least I would have some idea of when the light will arrive. I don't know if the Royal Mail offers it, but the USPS offers delivery confirmation, which is exactly what it sounds like, for under a dollar.

  25. #25
    Flashaholic
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
    Posts
    44

    Default Re: Raw NS Ship Time

    Quote Originally Posted by mejesster View Post
    I placed my order on July 1, and my light, shipped on the 10th of July according to Rob, has yet to arrive. I've not yet lost hope, but I'm getting a little frustrated.
    It'd be nice if there were some transatlantic shipping options offered that include package tracking. At least I would have some idea of when the light will arrive. I don't know if the Royal Mail offers it, but the USPS offers delivery confirmation, which is exactly what it sounds like, for under a dollar.
    I wish you well - you're at 13 days and waiting.

    I'm at 28 days and waiting...

    Yup - it sure would be nice if there was some sort of tracking and/or delivery confirmation available...


    Let's hope that BOTH our waits are ended...soon!!

    Last edited by liam_995; 07-23-2008 at 11:43 PM.
    Vancouver Island, Canada

  26. #26
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Bracknell, England.
    Posts
    1,176

    Default Re: Raw NS Ship Time

    Quote Originally Posted by liam_995 View Post
    OK - so you're implying that I might be...lying?

    Nice of you!!

    PM sent!!
    No. I'm saying that it's a bummer when things go missing but you should be a bit more realistic ( and perhaps a bit less touchy ?? ) in what you expect other people to do about it.

    Are you suggesting that it's not possible someone on CPF with a good history and reputation wouldn't disappear owing people money ? It's happened a few times, one modder name springs to mind.

    PM ignored.

    Jay R.

  27. #27
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    881

    Default Re: Raw NS Ship Time

    To all of you still waiting for your lights, let me assure you that orb will do everything in his power to make sure you get them. He is a decent guy and has answered quite a few emails from me from shipping to charging the batteries, always within the same day, with nothing but politeness and enthusiasm to help.

    The problem is Royal Mail are not great when it comes to lost parcels. You can't recover the lost cash from the missing item until it's been missing for 6 weeks. That is why he said those delays could exist. You can't blame any seller for waiting until they have recovered the funds before sending out a replacement. I'm not saying any of you are dishonest - it's just the way the world works I'm afraid. I do sympathise with you lot though, I know I'd be frustrated. As Jay R said, quite a few previously honest members of CPF have taken peoples money/property and vanished, so you can't really blame any seller to wait for the confirmation that it's lost first - but don't take that personally. Just have a *little* more patience though and you WILL NOT be dissapointed when you get your lights!

    Nice of you orb to step up and offer a refund now, that's above and beyond what could be expected from any seller

  28. #28
    Flashaholic* orb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,579

    Default Re: Raw NS Ship Time

    I need to clear a few things up here & try to resolve some problems.

    mcomb started this thread because he had waited to long for his order to be dispatched.
    This issue has been addressed & I am getting on top of back orders.
    mcomb's order was dispatched & he received it within 10 days of shipping.
    This is typical for sending items from UK - US via Royal Mail 1st class Airmail.

    That covers the original topic.

    Also in this thread you have David Gretzmier & foxracer72 who are patiently waiting for the Raw Al.
    This again is my fault for not being able to supply within the time I thought was possible.
    Update on the Raw Al is they are made & I will be picking them up from the machine shop early next week & assembling ready for dispatch before the end of this month.

    That covers guys waiting for Raw Al's

    We then have liam_995 & mejesster who's (Wee NS?) orders were dispatched relatively quickly after payment.
    Understood is the fact that these two orders are taking a long time to arrive. This is not typical. RoyalMail are generally quite good. Normally 5-10 days @ a very good price.
    This shipping method has been working fine with only a small amount of orders not arriving. I am constantly looking for a better methods of shipping especially the higher value torches. Expect to see some additional shipping options in the near future on the Lummi site.
    When we do get lost orders I have always made good for the customer. Yes this is at cost to Lummi but I have felt it the best solution for both parties.
    What does make this difficult is when the customer is in effect blaming me publicly for the postal services errors.
    I hope that clears up a few issues scattered around this thread. I understand it does not put the orders in Doug's or mejesster's hands but I hope to have reassured you & all that Lummi (Me Rob) will do the best I can to ensure you revive what you have paid for.

    to Jay R & Zipplet for stepping in to try to reassure anybody I am not here to rip anybody off.
    www.Lummi.co.uk
    Email (No Pm's) Please lummii@gmail.com

  29. #29
    Flashaholic
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
    Posts
    44

    Default Re: Raw NS Ship Time

    Quote Originally Posted by orb View Post
    We then have liam_995 & mejesster who's (Wee NS?) orders were dispatched relatively quickly after payment.
    Understood is the fact that these two orders are taking a long time to arrive. This is not typical. RoyalMail are generally quite good. Normally 5-10 days @ a very good price.
    This shipping method has been working fine with only a small amount of orders not arriving. I am constantly looking for a better methods of shipping especially the higher value torches. Expect to see some additional shipping options in the near future on the Lummi site.
    When we do get lost orders I have always made good for the customer. Yes this is at cost to Lummi but I have felt it the best solution for both parties.
    What does make this difficult is when the customer is in effect blaming me publicly for the postal services errors.
    I hope that clears up a few issues scattered around this thread. I understand it does not put the orders in Doug's or mejesster's hands but I hope to have reassured you & all that Lummi (Me Rob) will do the best I can to ensure you revive what you have paid for.

    to Jay R & Zipplet for stepping in to try to reassure anybody I am not here to rip anybody off.
    NO ONE is blaming you, Rob, for the problems with the Postal system (and I apologise to you, Rob, if that was the impression I gave you).

    I do find it interesting that you admit to other "orders not arriving" - this is something that is a bit distressing - I have done many hundreds of shipment to the U.S.; UK; Europe; Australia; Asia; - and have NEVER had a shipment "not arrive"...

    Maybe I have just been lucky - maybe Canada Post is more reliable - maybe my goods aren't as "appealing" as a brand new Orb or Wee to "sticky fingers" (in the postal system)...

    But - as you have stated that other orders HAVE gone missing - it seems that it can't be shocking to ANYONE that mine appears to have gone missing, as well...

    Rob is being VERY generous in offering me a refund (which I haven't acccepted yet!) - and I know this; BUT as a Seller on eBay - this is STANDARD procedure for me in the few cases where my customers were't happy; for one reason or another; with the item they received. This is just the cost of doing business - there are ALWAYS going to be problems with so many shipments and so many customers.

    I doubt that any of those few customers were "lying" about there problems - and as I can never prove it one way or another - I'd rather just take them at thier word - and make them happy.

    The customer is always right!

    This is the BEST way to run your business - and insures a steady stream of return/new customers...

    Rob is doing everything right to solve this problem - I have NO problems with his actions/words...but as for others...

    Cheers!
    Doug
    Last edited by liam_995; 07-24-2008 at 11:13 AM.
    Vancouver Island, Canada

  30. #30
    Flashaholic
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
    Posts
    44

    Default Re: Raw NS Ship Time

    Well...Well...look what finally showed up in the mail today:





    And inside:







    So...many thanks to Rob () for his patience in dealing with my impatience in waiting (29 DAYS!) for my Wee to arrive...and to those who "implied" I was anything but COMPLETELY truthful in all my "concerns"...

    And to the Postal System:


    VERY happy with my new Wee!!!

    Cheers!
    Doug
    Last edited by liam_995; 07-24-2008 at 08:04 PM.
    Vancouver Island, Canada

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •