Raw NS Ship Time

mcomb

Newly Enlightened
Has anybody ordered and received a Lummi Raw NS lately? I ordered one over 6 weeks ago while they where allegedly "in stock" according to the website but it still hasn't shipped. I've contacted Rob a couple of times and both times gotten an answer that made it sound like it would ship in the next week or so, but it hasn't.

I'm annoyed that he has these things listed as in stock on the website even though they obviously aren't. However, I still want the light and I don't see much point in bugging him again so I thought I'd check in here and see if anyone has a clue on how long I might expect to wait.

Thanks,
-Mike

David Gretzmier

Newly Enlightened
:welcome:same boat as you, I orded the raw AL aprox 5-6 weeks ago, I did get an email a day or two after I ordered and he said he would ship in a couple of weeks. a couple of weeks was 3 weeks ago. I'm trying to patiently wait.:whistle:

paxxus

Enlightened
I ordered a raw NS two days ago and got this answer:

"Please allow 7-10 days before your order is dispatched.
This is due to a shortage of a few components which are due in this
week."

Your experience has made me worried now though :sweat:

aconite

Newly Enlightened
I'm waiting on a raw AL and wee NS too. Rob posted in his own Sub-Forum on the 9th to say that his CNC shop was behind on orders. Suggest you check there periodically for updates.

orb

Flashlight Enthusiast
:wave: Guys, I understand the concerns. & I apologies for the longer delays than expected.
Things are coming together & I will be dispatching lots of over due orders next week.
It will take a while to catch up & hope that most will bear with me at this time.
The cause of the delays is mostly due to the CNC shop we use. Our orders are 3 months behind.
Any time any body is concerned or for general info please email me direct or use the Lummi sub forum as I would not always see a post here.
:thanks:

orb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, Any back ordered Raw NS will be dispatched no later than 18th July.
:thanks:

mejesster

Newly Enlightened
The question is still a valid one: why are items listed as being in stock if they are not? Just sets the expectation for a light as soon as it can be dropped off at the post office instead of one weeks away.

zipplet

Flashlight Enthusiast
If it makes anyone feel better, the backlog must be much less now as when I ordered my Raw NS last week on thursday, my email confirmation said 1 - 4 days before it ships (so hopefully, today?) ^_^

liam_995

Newly Enlightened
Don't mean to hijack your post - just curious about actual DELIVERY times of items once shipped from Orb.

I ordered a Wee on June 21st - was emailed by Rob that is shipped out on June 25th...:thumbsup:

But still waiting on it to arrive...:sigh:

Is it normal for orders to take OVER 3 weeks (now almost 4) to arrive from Orb to North America??

I routinely order DVDs from the UK - and the maximum ship time to my door is 10 days...:thinking:

:confused:

Last edited:

foxracer72

Newly Enlightened
ordered mine a al mid may but no wories im sure rob is doing everything posable to get his orders out asap

mcomb

Newly Enlightened
Is it normal for orders to take OVER 3 weeks (now almost 4) to arrive from Orb to North America??

Mine only took about a week as I recall to get to California. I'd check with Rob, maybe he can track it.

-Mike

zipplet

Flashlight Enthusiast
In the UK his shipping time will probably be 1-3 days average as he uses first class recorded post generally as far as I know.

No idea about international, if he uses airmail then probably 1-2 weeks for the US so I'd definately get in touch with him.

liam_995

Newly Enlightened
In the UK his shipping time will probably be 1-3 days average as he uses first class recorded post generally as far as I know.

No idea about international, if he uses airmail then probably 1-2 weeks for the US so I'd definately get in touch with him.

Thanks for the feedback - I have contacted Rob several times; he is very good in replying to my concerns - but he says:
I am sorry to here you are disappointed.
We use Royal mail & they will not start a claim for lost packages until 6 weeks have past.
It is very rare for international post to take any longer than 2 weeks, but sometimes it has taken 4 weeks & the order still arrives.
I have reassured you that you will be looked after & you will receive your order.
Please understand the shipping is out of our control.

Which is saying to me - "tough luck; wait for 6 WEEKS to pass and...THEN...I'll look into it"...:whistle:

What would I like?? Rob - please send me a NEW Wee NS with Trits (as paid for) via FedEx (fast, trackable and insured) - TODAY!

IF the original Wee...finally...arrives - I will either PAY for it; or return it to you...:confused::confused::confused:

NOT a happy camper!!:scowl:

:thumbsdow

Last edited:

orb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello Doug,

Whilst I do my best to look after all my customers very rarely we get a case of dealing with some people who just cannot be pleased.
I had hoped you understood sometimes things go wrong or get delayed with international shipping.
What I did try to reassure you with was that in the case your order does not arrive I would front the cost of sending you a replacement. Just like I have in the rare times this has happened in the past.
It is tough luck for ME as I am the one who looses the money for the replacement or the Refund for your order not arriving.
Perhaps with your attitude I should rethink my shipping polices & like others state that I am not responsible for the order after I have dispatched it.?
However based on a good 4 years of shipping thousands of my lights worldwide I will not allow you to spoil my system or polices for the rest of my customers.

How to proceed?
We ether hang on in there until the end of this week & hope your order arrives.
In the event it does not show up by Monday 28th July I will send you a second replacement order. Only once has this not worked out & a 3rd order was sent before we gave up & I refunded the customer.
Or:
I will send you a full refund today & hope that if your order did arrive you would be honest & resend the payment.
Please confirm you preference.
It would be very expensive to send orders via Fedex, something like £35 or $70. Unbelievable I know, your welcome to look into it.

Kind Regards
Rob @ Lummi

liam_995

Newly Enlightened
Hello Doug,

Whilst I do my best to look after all my customers very rarely we get a case of dealing with some people who just cannot be pleased.
I had hoped you understood sometimes things go wrong or get delayed with international shipping.
What I did try to reassure you with was that in the case your order does not arrive I would front the cost of sending you a replacement. Just like I have in the rare times this has happened in the past.
It is tough luck for ME as I am the one who looses the money for the replacement or the Refund for your order not arriving.
Perhaps with your attitude I should rethink my shipping polices & like others state that I am not responsible for the order after I have dispatched it.?
However based on a good 4 years of shipping thousands of my lights worldwide I will not allow you to spoil my system or polices for the rest of my customers.

How to proceed?
We ether hang on in there until the end of this week & hope your order arrives.
In the event it does not show up by Monday 28th July I will send you a second replacement order. Only once has this not worked out & a 3rd order was sent before we gave up & I refunded the customer.
Or:
I will send you a full refund today & hope that if your order did arrive you would be honest & resend the payment.
Please confirm you preference.
It would be very expensive to send orders via Fedex, something like £35 or $70. Unbelievable I know, your welcome to look into it.

Kind Regards
Rob @ Lummi

Rob -

I am MORE than willing to wait until July 28th for the Wee to arrive (why not make it an even 31 days??). I was distressed by what I thought was your indication that you were not going to do anything until 6 WEEKS had passed, before taking ANY action...:faint:

I am a PowerSeller on eBay (with Feedback of over 800; with 99.3% rating), and I have had MANY shipments ordered from the UK (DVDS and small electronics) - and the LONGEST ship time was 10 DAYS - to my door (not counting those that...uhm...mis-stated the actual ship date; something that occasionally happens with busy sellers)...:eek:

So...I don't think I am among "some people who just cannot be pleased" - I am being VERY reasonable in expressing my dismay that ...now...28 DAYS (June 25th - July 23rd)...after you stated:
Today the 25th of June your order from Lummi was dispatched to you.
Thank you kindly for your custom
...it has STILL not arrived...:whistle:

Cheers!
Doug:wave:

Last edited: