Hawaii Build Off! Jag808808 Aspheric VS. Uluapoundr P7

jag808808

Enlightened
I have been meaning to post this for some time now. The aspheric is my first build. I included pictures of my modest collection. My Hilo friend Uluapoundr assisted with the P7 build (well, he built it for me LOL). Alot of Aloha went into making the P7 so I wanted to give him the proper respect. Mahalo Nui Loa Uluapoundr!!!!

My modest collection of lights. Something to cover almost every need:
- Close up work with moderate throw with multi levels
- Flood the area for the WTH was that outside?!?
- Extreme throw for the WTH was that over there?!?
- Clip type low level light for hands free (Inova not pictured)
- Streamlight TwinTask 3AA (not pictured), my only incandescent. EDC'd for almost 5 years before being able to afford other lights. Cannot, will not, part with...
- and of course last and not least, my Fenixes. They were my first "high end" lights. They are still used alot around the house.
CIMG0914Medium.jpg

Laying out
CIMG0917Medium.jpg

Business end
CIMG0916Medium.jpg

Standing size comparison (aspheric unable to bezel stand yet...)
CIMG0915Medium.jpg

Look Ma! No heads!
CIMG0918Medium.jpg

Business end headless
CIMG0921Medium.jpg

Wall shot daylight for reference (obligatory for all white wall hunters!)
CIMG0922Medium.jpg

Aspheric on a white wall ~10-11 feet
CIMG0925Medium.jpg

P7 on a white wall ~10-11 feet (INCREDIBLE SPILL!!! Picture does no justice to how much light this produces!)
CIMG0926Medium.jpg

Sidewalk shot daylight (this thread would be worthless without outdoor beamshots!:poke:)
CIMG0923Medium.jpg

Aspheric sidewalk shot night ~100+ feet
CIMG0927Medium.jpg

P7 sidewalk shot night ~100+ feet
CIMG0928Medium.jpg

Aspheric House shot night ~50+ feet
CIMG0932Medium.jpg

P7 House shot night ~50+ feet
CIMG0931Medium.jpg

And of course, both lights have DocD GITD rings!!! The Uluapoundr P7 also has GITD epoxy! Cheers DocD!!!
CIMG0933Medium.jpg

Lastly, I would like to thank CPF members for all the advice, write ups, and parts! This forum is absitively, posolutely THE BEST forum on the internet. The moderators do an incredible job. I even got to sell my own hobby in the Marketplace.

Disclaimer: No lights were harmed in the making of this thread! All footages are guestimations.

Small note: The Uluapoundr P7 is running off of alkalines. I have been saving up for some NiMH and charger. It will be coming soon! From what I have read, the P7 should be even brighter. Woohoo! Can't wait! Then maybe a U2by2 from Milky... We will see...

If anyone can give me advice on hiding new lights from an attentive honey...please pm me late at night while she is sleeping...:crackup::grin2:

Aloha to all of CPF!!!:wave:

:poof:

uluapoundr

Newly Enlightened
Jag,
Glad you like the P7 build. Thanks to CPF for the wealth of information shared by it's members. I learn something new everday. Aloha!

BigHonu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice collection!!!

That tube on the Lunasol is a custom 2xAA?

BTW, as a former Hilo Boy, its good to see more people posting up from the Big Island!

jag808808

Enlightened
Mahalo Nui Loa BigHonu!

Yes sir it is a custom one off 2xAA body with Mclicky on the LunaSol. I love the LS27. The body was a little small for my hands. I also like the ability for my light to use everyday available batteries (well, cheap ones).

It is nice to see kama'aina's on this forum. I have done alot of work in Hilo and I have always enjoyed it. I have some good friends on the Big Isle.

Aloha,

jag

Hawaii people represent!!! AAWWWWRRRIIIGHT!!!

Nice collection!!!

That tube on the Lunasol is a custom 2xAA?

BTW, as a former Hilo Boy, its good to see more people posting up from the Big Island!

BigHonu

Flashlight Enthusiast
jag808808,

Nice!

I missed that aluminum(?) ring on the L1 the first time around. Pretty slick.

Though I've been living on Oahu for 13 years or so, I still consider my hometown to be Hilo. Hopefully I can move the family over there one day.

jag808808

Enlightened
Yes sir. It is a Milky seouled L1 with Al Nekomane TG. About the only mod left to do on the light. It is a great backup light.

I have always enjoyed the slower paced lifestyle in Hilo. Slow enough to relax without getting bored. Unlike Kauai and Molokai! In comparison, Hilo is a bustling city! I hope you find your way back home! Retiring anytime soon?

jag808808,

Nice!

I missed that aluminum(?) ring on the L1 the first time around. Pretty slick.

Though I've been living on Oahu for 13 years or so, I still consider my hometown to be Hilo. Hopefully I can move the family over there one day.

BigHonu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes sir. It is a Milky seouled L1 with Al Nekomane TG. About the only mod left to do on the light. It is a great backup light.

I have always enjoyed the slower paced lifestyle in Hilo. Slow enough to relax without getting bored. Unlike Kauai and Molokai! In comparison, Hilo is a bustling city! I hope you find your way back home! Retiring anytime soon?

Brah, with the great fishing and hunting over there, no mo time fo get bored!!!! :D

Thanks, but with a 5yo and a 1yo running around, it will be a LOOOOOONG time before I can retire!

jag808808

Enlightened
I know how you feel!!! I have a 4 y/o running amok in my house!!! Fortunately, she is also flashoholic! Nothing gets her giggles going more than when she blasts someone in the face with Uluapoundr's P7!

Good luck with your babies. I got one out of the house already! Four more to go. Well, the baby girl can stay a while more... LOL

jag

Brah, with the great fishing and hunting over there, no mo time fo get bored!!!! :D

Thanks, but with a 5yo and a 1yo running around, it will be a LOOOOOONG time before I can retire!