Just bought a M3T-CB, lots of questions.

rx78gp02

Newly Enlightened
Did a search and found bits and pieces, but nothing definite. I'm looking to mount this onto a picatinny rail on a paintball gun. I want to avoid the using a 1inch scope ring at all cost. I'm curios as to how much of the m3t can you disassemble. I've been looking through the market place and i found a millennium body that has the mounting holes to attach a picatinny mount. Will that work?
Another question I have is where can I found a great deal on the xm07 tail cap? I've also heard that there are variations on the tape switch, anyone have a pic? and where can I get them?

Last edited:

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you want to go with the dedicated Mounting system (Like the Millenium Series) you will need the Main Body, (MH90) a mount, (choose either M49-thumbscrew or M50-A.R.M.S) an LU10 adaptor that extends the MH90 from 6 volts to 9 volts and allows the use of the KT4 Turbohead.

If you want to buy an XM tailcap (no pressure switch) or a Universal Millenium Weaponlight body.....I can help you out. But you would still need to source a Mount and LU10 adaptor.

Hope this helps.

rx78gp02

Newly Enlightened
If you want to go with the dedicated Mounting system (Like the Millenium Series) you will need the Main Body, (MH90) a mount, (choose either M49-thumbscrew or M50-A.R.M.S) an LU10 adaptor that extends the MH90 from 6 volts to 9 volts and allows the use of the KT4 Turbohead.

If you want to buy an XM tailcap (no pressure switch) or a Universal Millenium Weaponlight body.....I can help you out. But you would still need to source a Mount and LU10 adaptor.

Hope this helps.

Helps quite a bit but still a little confused. I have seen your post on the marketplace and that had my interest.

Anyways, can't i just add the MH90 to my current m3tcb and make it a 12volt system? By the way, pm sent

nzgunnie

Enlightened
Helps quite a bit but still a little confused. I have seen your post on the marketplace and that had my interest.
No, the threads are different lengths (you could probably get them to screw together, kind of) and so are the body sections, so your batteries wont make contact. The millennium weapon light body is quite a bit longer than one cell.

If you buy one of the weapon light bodies DaFabricata has for sale (very helpful guy to deal with too) you still need the LU10 adapter to go between that and your Turbo head.

You also need the mount. I'd suggest the thumbscrew version for a paintball gun, since it gives you more flexibility if your picatinny rails aren't exactly mil spec. The ARMS throw lever will be a bit loose if your rails are slightly under size.

You can just use the normal M3-T tail cap if you mount it in such a way that the switch is within easy pressing distance of your thumb (especially if you have a vertical foregrip), but of course the XM07 would be the best. You could look at the UM07, which only has the momentary pressure pad, and is usually a lot cheaper than the XM version.

Last edited:

rx78gp02

Newly Enlightened
No, the threads are different lengths (you could probably get them to screw together, kind of) and so are the body sections, so your batteries wont make contact. The millennium weapon light body is quite a bit longer than one cell.

If you buy one of the weapon light bodies DaFabricata has for sale (very helpful guy to deal with too) you still need the LU10 adapter to go between that and your Turbo head.

You also need the mount. I'd suggest the thumbscrew version for a paintball gun, since it gives you more flexibility if your picatinny rails aren't exactly mil spec. The ARMS throw lever will be a bit loose if your rails are slightly under size.

You can just use the normal M3-T tail cap if you mount it in such a way that the switch is within easy pressing distance of your thumb (especially if you have a vertical foregrip), but of course the XM07 would be the best. You could look at the UM07, which only has the momentary pressure pad, and is usually a lot cheaper than the XM version.

Thanks for the info. Any suggestions as to a mount that i can quickly remove from the rail and also comfortable enough to keep in the pocket?

nzgunnie

Enlightened
The mount that specifically fits the Millennium weapon light body that DaFabricata is selling is the M49 Thumscrew mount.

Another option for you is to simply get a seperate flashlight mount, like the Surefire M10, or any one of numerous 3rd party ones such as this available on ebay:

Ebay link

Of course that is not as nice as the dedicated weapon light body, and starts getting close to the scope ring solution you were keen to avoid.

rx78gp02

Newly Enlightened
The mount that specifically fits the Millennium weapon light body that DaFabricata is selling is the M49 Thumscrew mount.

Another option for you is to simply get a seperate flashlight mount, like the Surefire M10, or any one of numerous 3rd party ones such as this available on ebay:

Ebay link

Of course that is not as nice as the dedicated weapon light body, and starts getting close to the scope ring solution you were keen to avoid.

so i've decided to go with the third party mount, but eventually build up a millenium weapons light. Anyone have a suggestion as to a good one they have used and can refer it? Preferbly one that mounts and dismounts in seconds with out hassles or a tool.

Few things i've spotted on ebay recently are replica millenium weapon lights and the xm tail cap. Where would i report this?

One last thing, where can i get a good deal on the surefire SR tapeswtich? ( i sort of just bought dafabricata's tail cap, thanks)

rx78gp02

Newly Enlightened
So i just got my m3t-cb in the mail today. Its amazingly huge bezel is a beast compared to my e2d.
photo2.jpg

I cant wait to test this! eheheheh.
By the way, whats the best option for rechargables on this guy? I was thinking of using 3 rcr123 (providing 11.1volts) + an LF M4 bulb. Is this wise?

Thanks for your help guys

nzgunnie

Enlightened
By the way, whats the best option for rechargables on this guy? I was thinking of using 3 rcr123 (providing 11.1volts) + an LF M4 bulb. Is this wise?

No. Very un-wise.

Refer here:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/161536

Your best bet is 2x protected 17500s and the MN15, or get a one cell extender and use 2x17670s to run the MN16.

There are also Lumens Factory lamps that will work well for you.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
{SF M3T}

Thanks for your help guys

The LF HO-M4A is 12 volts, and I believe is only rated for 4 primary CR123 cells. (35 min. runtime).

mdocod

Flashaholic
The HO-M4A with it's 2.15A load would make quick work of RCR123s, turning them into paper weights or byproducts of combustion pretty quickly. Or, the RCR123s would wind up making a paper weight out of the HO-M4A by insta-flashing it with too much voltage :) (the HO-M4A is a 9.2V bulb, to match the expected voltage sag of CR123s, at 11V expected of 3x3.7V cells, it might just flash :)

Follow that link :)

rx78gp02

Newly Enlightened
thanks for the help mdcod. I'll be reading that over on my lunch break. You are a godsend. Thanks once again.

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
:confused:

Lighthound has it listed as being 12V.

(Though it wouldn't be the first time a typo showed up in one of their product descriptions).
12v nominal volts, 9.2v under load-- due to voltage sag. (Why do you think the Mag 4D uses a 4.8v bulb and not a 6V bulb?) But that's in the Electrical Physics world. For the unenlighted, any lamp powered by 4xCR123 is "12V". If manufacturers used stats according to the Electrical Theory Laws, the customers would be doing truly stupid things with their lights... Better stick with nominal figures to avoid confusing the unenlighted.

Last edited:

mdocod

Flashaholic
OutDoors Fanatic and nzgunnie nailed it.

Pretty much every time I point out what the design voltage of a tactical lamp actually is without explaining it, someone assumes a typo, or mistake, or something, I need to make a habit of a quick explanation when referring to tactical bulb design voltage; it always generates initial confusion, lol.

Other examples: a P90 is a ~7.5V bulb, a P91 is a ~6.7V bulb :)

holmes

Newly Enlightened
I was looking into that one. Does it lock into position at each point? looks like something i might buy.
Second one would be this guy:
botach_1937_31737847.jpg

I was thinking of using this at where the rubber grip mounts are.
I have yet to receive the mount the reason I choose that one is that I am going to mount it on my gas block and swing it out of the way I do like that one pictured also looks pretty good Larue tactical also has some great options look here http://stores.homestead.com/Laruetactical/Categories.bok?category=Light+/+Laser+Mounts