tent light/ lantern

abarth_1200

Flashlight Enthusiast
im not sure if this is the right area to post this.

im needing a long running not too heavy torch/lantern to hang in my tent, only got a budget of around £20, AA batteries or 123A's

Was also thinking i could just blow the extra cash and get the L2D and diffuser which i have been wanting for a while but the GF set me a budget so i better do as i have been told:D

Any ideas or links

DM51

Flashaholic
I'll move this to the Lanterns section for you. There is a thread there on the Coleman 3AA Micropacker lantern which you might find interesting, and is within your budget.

Edit: I just looked, and that particular thread isn't here - it's in the Review section.

Last edited:

metlarules

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use Fauxtons hanging from the center loop. As cheap as it gets and enough light for my purpose. They are usually a dollar or less. When the batteries run out just toss the light and install another one.

abarth_1200

Flashlight Enthusiast
dont mind me being dumb but what exactly is a fauxton, is it one of those single led keychains like this or is it a specific brand name or type of torch

Stereodude

Flashlight Enthusiast
dont mind me being dumb but what exactly is a fauxton, is it one of those single led keychains like this or is it a specific brand name or type of torch
Yes, that's what it is. Fauxton is a phonetic match for a Photon, which are similar, but cost a lot more.

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast
im not sure if this is the right area to post this.

im needing a long running not too heavy torch/lantern to hang in my tent, only got a budget of around £20, AA batteries or 123A's

Was also thinking i could just blow the extra cash and get the L2D and diffuser which i have been wanting for a while but the GF set me a budget so i better do as i have been told:D

Any ideas or links

I have found that buying what you want up front saves you money in the long run. If you are not happy with what you get you end up getting what you wanted in the first place anyways. IMO you should go for the Fenix and the diffuser.

abarth_1200

Flashlight Enthusiast
yeah ill give the L2D a miss untill the next fenix i buy, i recently bought a romisen RC-N3 and the G2 is on its way but wait, the budget flew out the window cause i also have a zebralight H30 on its way, this is what i will be using as my tent light as it has a nice even flood and adjustable output to lengthen runtime, plus if its light enough to use as a head torch i doubt it will be pulling the tent down with it

Notsure Fire

Enlightened
I use Fauxtons hanging from the center loop. As cheap as it gets and enough light for my purpose. They are usually a dollar or less. When the batteries run out just toss the light and install another one.

Probably toss it right on the forest ground and let it "rot" away.