Surefire Turbo head Question, NEW QUESTION in BOLD

ninjaboigt

Enlightened
Not trying to start a thread war here

But i was wondering how far a 9p with a turbo head could throw.

is it anywhere near Tiablos and deree?

is the Turbo kit for the 9p pretty much the same for the 6p, but just diffrent bulb?

is there much diffrence between the 9p w/ turbo vs the 6p w/ turbo?

any thing else i might have missed that might want to know? LOL

THANKS A BUNCH

EDIT: more questions

i just noticed that the N2 bulb isnt listed on surefire's website, is it avliable to order?

and what is the life expected of the N1 and N2 bulbs?

EDIT2: well most of the questions i had was answered in

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/119571

had to search for " kt 2 surefire "

BUT!!!! it still hasnt answered my question

how far does the kt 1/2 throw?

how about this question, in a race, who would beat who and who'd come in 2nd. and 3rd etc

kt1 on a 6p
kt2 on a 9p
M3 turbo
M4
M6
tiablo A9 ( or any tiablo)
deree

=]

Last edited:

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Re: Surefire Turbo head Question

Did you do some searching to find some answers? Lots of threads re the SF Turbo heads. Try looking around, it can be sort of enjoyable, and very rewarding when you have done the research. There will be those who will jump in with the some answers, and that is good too. I found the answers to these questions on my own, over time.

Bill

ninjaboigt

Enlightened
Re: Surefire Turbo head Question

lol i've tired doing the research, but it seems that the main question i really want answered ( the distance of throw for a 9p with turbo ) cant be answered.

i only have comp access at work so i cant read pages and pages of threads.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
I have never measured the throw of my KT2 with N2 or MN15, MN16. I do know that it throws a huge ball of light out there. Hotspot is huge, not a pinpoint of lux, but a massive amount of lux in the center beam. MN15 seems to have a larger hotspot than N2. MN16 hotspot is larger yet. At night using an incan light such as a SF with a KT2 running the MN15 I can see things further out than with one of my LED lights with a 3" reflector that puts out 42,000 lux. Problem with my BBH head (on VIP using 2 MiMh's at 1 amp to LED with Seoul P4) is the hotspot is too small.

Bill

ninjaboigt

Enlightened
thanks!

so if i buy a 9p and a kt1/2

i can use the N1 , N2, MN 15, MN16

and if i get an A19 ( where can i get one of these anyways?)
i can use the MN 60 and the MN 61?

nzgunnie

Enlightened
thanks!

so if i buy a 9p and a kt1/2

i can use the N1 , N2, MN 15, MN16

and if i get an A19 ( where can i get one of these anyways?)
i can use the MN 60 and the MN 61?

You can't use an N1, it is a 6V lamp and will go :poof: when used in a 9P. You can use the others. Note that you probably wont get an N2 anymore. The MN15 is much the same, although it has a slightly elongated hotspot.

Lumens Factory also make a range of lamps you can use.

If you buy an A19 extender, you can also use the MN60 and MN61.

Another good set up with the 9P+A19 is to use the MN16 and two 17670 cells to power it.

Here is an excellent post about different cells and lamps:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/161536

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Do a lot of reading, research on the different bulb combinations so you feel comfortable using them. There are pros and cons when you start using litiium ion batteries to power the MN series bulbs.

Bill

adamlau

Flashlight Enthusiast
The M6 + 1185 is the top SureFire throwing combination, easily besting all other combinations, including a bored 9P + KT + 5761. The M6 + 1185 will cast useable light at least 300 yards in pitch black darkness. I would post beamshots, but the current LA heatwave has made me lazy :) ...

ninjaboigt

Enlightened
thanks a bunch! yea, opps didnt mean to mention the N1, i was actually thinking in my head, buy a 6p and two A19 and a turbo kit, that way i can use teh N1 or buy a batt spacer and skip the 6p part...

i cant wait to get a turbo!

nzgunnie

Enlightened
I'd skip the 6P with a turbo head. The advantage of the 6P is it's small size and ease of carry. As soon as you put that turbo head on it you lose that advantage and may as well go for the 9P.

ninjaboigt

Enlightened
i was actually thinking that.

maybe if i really wantd to use a N1, i'd just get a batt spacer.

EV_007

Enlightened
I'd jump to the M3T. Get an A19 extender and you have an M4 as well. I run 2x17670s in my M3T+A19 which is my throw monster thus far.