Who Carries a Whistle EDC??

russtang

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is it plastic, metal, Titanium??

I am seriously thinking of having some Titanium keychain size whistles made. I cant find any anywhere.

Lit Up

Flashlight Enthusiast
Plastic here. Fox-40 to be exact. Less cooler than metal in the wintertime too without risk of reenacting a scene from, A Christmas Story.

achristmasstory3fixednu3.jpg

TorchBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I carry an orange Storm whistle on my work chain.
The sound the whistles made was then analyzed by computer, using a double blind technique, detailing the amplitude and signature of the sound created.
It sounds great , but how would the computer care which brand of whistle had been blown? And how big is it??? :shrug: A local SAR review rated them quite highly. (BTW, I know someone with the honker - works well, but definitely not EDC sized.)

Last edited:

souptree

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a stainless steel Atwood whistle on my keys. I also EDC an orange Fox40 whistle. I have 3 titanium Atwood whistles as well, but I do not carry them.

russtang

Flashlight Enthusiast
Someone said in another forum, that some of the people on the ferry that sunk in the phillipines were using whistles to signal help.

chibato

Newly Enlightened
Although I really like my Atwood whistle, there is a member on the marketplace (Eric Isaacson) that sells some cool, inexpensive, lightweight whistles. I purchased several, and have at attached them everywhere. Very easy to EDC.

link

HoopleHead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Could you post a pic of that, please?

its very much like the Atwood whistle, except the Atwood has a derlin insert and this one is all Ti. also, i got the "shorty" version so its shorter, although still very very loud. extremely light and durable, i love it! wykeites on edcforum but kinda hard to get a hold of...

also got the same but in silver aluminum too as a backup.

stitch_paradox

Enlightened
I EDC a Fox 40 distress whistle, and I give my daughter a simple plastic whistle when ever we go to a crowded place. It's easier for kids to whistle on it.

Someone said in another forum, that some of the people on the ferry that sunk in the phillipines were using whistles to signal help.

Can you tell me what forum you saw this in? It's really sad what happened in the Philippines, a few years back I actually rode that ship that sunk there. When I was kid my dad would always tell me to bringa signal mirror and whistle when ever I go travel at sea.

stitch_paradox

Enlightened

its very much like the Atwood whistle, except the Atwood has a derlin insert and this one is all Ti. also, i got the "shorty" version so its shorter, although still very very loud. extremely light and durable, i love it! wykeites on edcforum but kinda hard to get a hold of...

also got the same but in silver aluminum too as a backup.

wow where did you get that? And does anyone know where to get some stainless whsitle?