Need Charger, 2 RCR123A's and 1 17670 - Single Source, Fast US Shipping

ooglek

Newly Enlightened
Here's a challenge -- the best batteries from a single US friendly shipping source.

I just got a romisen RC-F4 Cree Q5, very happy with it, but it's gonna burn batteries. I need a rechargable solution. I want two sets, 2xRCR123A, one 17670, both protected. I've read that Kai Domain (KD) Protected 3.7V 16340 RCR123A Batteries (pair) SKU 4512 are some of the best. I haven't found a review on 17670's, but I'm guessing Trustfire is up there. And the Ultrafire WF-139 Charger is good too.

Problem is finding a single source for a combination of the best. I'm gonna be in Maine on vacation for 2 weeks, and want to buy and have them ship there, as I'll be using the flashlight a lot. I'd prefer not to have to buy spacers to recharge the 123's, but will if the charger is worth it. Also, DX (dealExtreme) is right out, as they take WAY too long to ship.

So, where can I get all three items shipped and delivered a reasonable time within the US?

I put a cart together on Lighthound, about $44 shipped, using AW (wtf are those? Are they good?) batteries.

PS -- I'm willing to get from two or three stores if it is worth it, but I'd prefer one.

VegasF6

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was going to suggest lighthound as well. Either AW's or the yellow battery station brand for the 123's, a nano-charger and a wf-139 ultrafire charger (that way you won't have to use spacers) and AW will be the only option for your 17670 (actually, they do have Ultrafire, but AW is where it is at.

I am a little surprised you haven't heard of AW batteries but I forgot to look at how long you have been a member before clicking reply. If you do any sort of search at all here for AW, or check the marketplace, you will find plenty of info on them.

Otherwise, you can find everything you need at battery junction, but not quality 17670. I have dealt with both companies multiple times and can recomend either.

ooglek

Newly Enlightened
@VegasF6 -- Thanks for the solid info. Are AW RCR123A's comparable to say the KD Protected or the White or Grey Trustfire's that seem to be highly recommended? Better? Also, two chargers? I was hoping to get just one that could do both the 17670's and the RCR123A's (and for future planning, 18650's too) -- does such a charger in the budget range exist?

@kato337 -- Thanks for the +1! :grin2:

VegasF6

Flashlight Enthusiast
The AW batteries are considered in the top 3 or 4 quality wise. I am not a battery expert, but there are plenty of people here who are, I am just quoting what I have read. So I stand by my 2 original recomendations on those.

There are chargers that will do all your batteries, but your requirements are A: quick sourcing, and B: no spacers. That makes it harder.

You could buy just the UF-139 and connect the 2 horizontal charging points and not use spacers, but I don't know that you are set up to do that while on vacation.

If not for those requirements, there would be other options. Frankly, to make it simple and quick I would just pay the extra 2$ or so for the spacers. You can always modify the charger after you get home.

Also, Fenix Store would be another option for most of what you need. You should probably email both vendors to make sure they actually have the items in stock.

Using single cylindrical lithium rechargable batteries is sort of a new thing here in the US and you won't find a huge selection of those items. You pretty much have to order them from over seas, or from a few dealers here in the US that stock them just for our purpose. Other than flashlights, I can't think of any use for them, so as you can imagine that cuts down on the dealers. Maybe some day you could just go into Best Buy or Circuit City and get 'em, but not yet :)

You could also contact AW directly and ask him how long it would take to ship you the items, it won't be a 5 or 6 week wait like when dealing with DX or KD. Here is his sales thread.
http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?t=177100

davedds

Newly Enlightened
I just purchased those items from lighthound two weeks ago and I paid via paypal, got the items in about 2 days. They do a great job and you cant go wrong with the "protected" AW batteries...Lighthound ships from Texas and I'm in New York, 2 days is all it took, plus if your order is over 75 bucks the S/H is free...

ooglek

Newly Enlightened
Just got my package -- fast, even to Maine! I think I ordered on the night of the 23rd/24th, and got them on the 26th. Nice. I'm charging the RCR123A's and the 17670 today, and will play with them both tonight when it gets very, very dark!

I must admit, having a single mode flashlight is overkill in many conditions... I think my next light will need to be multimode.