Suggestions and/or advice, please

artec540

Enlightened
I have $38 Cyclops which is very bulky and weighs a ton. But it throws a hell of a beam. Since the bulb is a car-type tungsten-halogen, it ought to be able to put up with at least 14.4 volts, the normal alternator output in a car.

Can anyone suggest how to put together a battery pack delivering about 14.4 volts (maybe even a little more because the bulbs must have a bit of a margin), preferably that would fit in to Cyclops housing? I haven't measured it or looked at ways of expanding the volume but just as an experiment, I wouldn't mind if the battery pack had to be external.

In another forum, some-one suggested a "14.8 v lipoly" but several other people shot that down as being potentially dangerous (possibility of explosion), so that's probably not the right solution. Since I'd never even heard of a "lipoly", I thought I'd ask the battery experts in this forum.

Of course, it's ridiculous to want even more light that the Cyclops delivers as standard, but there's no such thing as "too much", is there?

Grateful for any help.