Question about Surefire E2E.

mhubble

Enlightened
Where does the round bezel fit into the picture? Surefire has the picture of the round bezel version listed with the satin grey version. If I order an E2E in black or HA is it going to be the anti roll version?? Im confused.

ANTIROLL VERSION
e2ehalargebc2.jpg

ROUND VERSION
1e3a1km6.jpg

DM51

Flashaholic
The round one is the old model. If you order now, you'll get the newer hex anti-roll version.

Nathan

Enlightened
Fwiw, all of the satin grey E2E's I've ever seen have the round, tear-drop bezel.

mhubble

Enlightened
The round satin grey's still appear to be available from surefire and its dealers.

I sent out a few emails to a few places and thats what Ive been told. I wasnt sure it was still available but it looks like it is.

Shreknow91

Enlightened
I got a Satin Gray E2E from Opticshq a couple of weeks ago and it has the anti roll bezel on it:(

Monocrom

Flashaholic
The round satin grey's still appear to be available from surefire and its dealers.

http://www.surefire.com/maxexp/main/co_disp/displ/prrfnbr/888/sesent/00

Not from Surefire.

It's an old pic that Surefire still has not updated from their site. They only have satin grey models with the anti-roll head. Another CPFer (russianesq) saw the pic of the tear-drop bezel version, even asked a Surefire rep. if that version was available, told yes, ordered the light, got the anti-roll version, called back SF, and was told that the tear-drop version has not been in stock for a long time.

(Whew, let me catch my breath).

Yeah, that's the short version of what happened to him. (No, I don't have the link to that very recent thread).

Surefire has only anti-roll bezels for E2e models. Regardless of color. Can't speak for their Authorized Dealers, but I suspect that at least some of them are using the same outdated pic, showing a tear-drop bezel on the satin grey E2e models they have in stock. (Talk about Buyer Beware).

Last edited:

jchoo

Enlightened
I would suspect the LAPG one is indeed the teardrop head. If you want to give them a call, ask to speak with Christine (or was it Christina). She's the one that worked with me on my order, and was polite and helpful.

socom1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't understand... Is it so hard for Surefire to keep their website updated with current info and pictures? I would think Surefire would have people who are responsible for those sort of things. I would be rather disillusioned if I ordered an E2e expecting the round bezel shown on the site and getting somethings else.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I don't understand... Is it so hard for Surefire to keep their website updated with current info and pictures? I would think Surefire would have people who are responsible for those sort of things. I would be rather disillusioned if I ordered an E2e expecting the round bezel shown on the site and getting somethings else.

Perhaps if it were a newer or more popular model, they might care enough to update the pic. Don't get me wrong, I own an E2e and like it very much. But it's not as popular as it once was. Due to what happened to russianesq, I know that Surefire knows about the outdated pic. Since it's still up on their site, clearly Surefire doesn't care.

mhubble

Enlightened
I know that Surefire knows about the outdated pic. Since it's still up on their site, clearly Surefire doesn't care.

I sent Surefire a question yesterday about the bezels and the response was they know the picture on the Website is wrong but the teardrop bezel is no longer available. How long does it take to change a picture on a website???? Plus theres alot of vendors out there that are still using the old picture too.

bezel

Newly Enlightened
Yes, obviously Surefire doesn't care.
Personally, I don't understand how a company that considers itself top-notch (and pretty much is) would even think twice about paying someone to make sure every word and pic is completly up-to-date and accurate.
Something is wrong if it doesn't cost less to post an up-to-date pic than to pay one customer service representative to answer a question one time that should never need to be asked in the first place!
Oh yea...companies should not put products in calandar year catalogues that are unavailable for a good portion of the calandar year. That is what web sites are for.