Flashlights in TV shows and movies (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

climberkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was so excited to see all those surefires in Get Smart. The one i couldnt get what whatever that maxabeam-looking incan was when they were in the sewer... it had the metal debris guard on it too like the maxabeam has.

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was dubbing a tape of Ghosthunters for my nephews and during 3 hours working and looking at it occasionally t the same time I saw various Maglights ranging from AA Minimags in various colors to a few larger D cell lights.

I also saw an Inova X5, what looked like an X03 (or X02) a Streamlight Stylus Pro, and various unidentifiable ones. One is a small flat rectangular battery housing with a rotating LED head which looked familiar but I cannot place.

climberkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
Volcano is on Encore right now and i was wondering what lights they use in the tunnel near the beginning of the movie. it was hard to tell.

and later in the movie they have a bunch of Maxabeams it looks like. soooo not fair. :mad:

Last edited:

stuie25

Newly Enlightened
Silent hill movie light question

Can any one tell me what the light is thats on the cop chicks vest in the movie silent hill, its like a mini flood light, its square, ive never seen one before but id love to have one, ive seen them on a few other movies as well.
its had to tell what the tech is behind it, not sure if cfl or led

Thanks
Stuart M.

Akubra

Newly Enlightened
Re: Silent hill movie light question

IIRC, the cop was using an (Surefire) M6.......... .

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
this has probably be convered before, but i was just watching ghost whisperer, and must say i find it amazing, that brothers on the road looking for gouls, and antique shop people (?) can afford lights that look alot like a surefire M4

also, in slightly older movies, i am amazed by the massive beam of light that comes from a maglite

Crenshaw

Illum

Flashaholic
I recently watched "in the shadow of the moon" and managed to putt up a few screen shots....that flashlight looked out of place since everything that leads to the discussion of Apollo missions dates way back in the 80s:ohgeez:

its not a minimag ;)
but...
I'm not sure what it is :ohgeez:

DM51

Flashaholic
VERY cool shots! I wish I had a light that just stayed where you put it like that, lol.

It looks like a Streamlight Stinger XT.

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Silent hill movie light question

Can any one tell me what the light is thats on the cop chicks vest in the movie silent hill, its like a mini flood light, its square, ive never seen one before but id love to have one, ive seen them on a few other movies as well.
its had to tell what the tech is behind it, not sure if cfl or led

Thanks
Stuart M.

I've got the movie at home and know roughly what you're referring to...I originally thought it was the Molle Pentagon light
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0013XY5YK/?tag=cpf0b6-20
At least that's what I think Heather Mason is carrying in Silent Hill 3 the game.

Illum

Flashaholic
VERY cool shots! I wish I had a light that just stayed where you put it like that, lol.

It looks like a Streamlight Stinger XT.

I wouldn't, cuz I'll be losing alot of lights that way :crackup:
mmm, good guess..that might actually be it
:wow:

Status
Not open for further replies.