thoughts on my light???

johnnyjohnson

Newly Enlightened
here are some pics of my favorite light, i know it isnt as high tech as most( thought it was until i found this forum lol ) but it does everything i need it to and more. I was just wondering if any of you guys have used this type of light before and your thoughts on it. It has a excellent burn time and plenty bright on the higest setting

thanks for reading.

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why is it that when I click on the pictures and go to the full view that a pop-up dialog box tells me I have two messages from some dude that has a crush on me?

I don't know your light but ancillary batt packs are great for night fishing especially when used in conjunction with a head lamp.

[EDIT] I see. Moon Shiner for coon hunting. Is the reflector aluminum? What is the lamp's base? Bayonet, PR or bi-pin. [/EDIT]

Last edited:

ToeMoss

Newly Enlightened
Looks like it would do well for some applications.
Not a likely candidate for EDC though.

johnnyjohnson

Newly Enlightened
i bought it for hunting but dont hunt anymore. i am not real technical when it comes to this stuff, sorry. i can tell you that i can get up 16+ hours on one charge on the low side/lowest setting. at this setting it is about as bright as a mini maglight. I get 2+ hours on the high side, highest setting and it is as bright as one of those handheld "2 mill c/p " spotlights. it also has a one led light that is used for walking in the woods when you dont need a whole lot of light. The battery and spotlight goes on a belt and the actually lamp goes on the hat, but is removeable from the hat.

one of yall said it wouldnt be a canidate for EDC what does that stand for? Excuse my ignorance

johnnyjohnson

Newly Enlightened
i did a search and see it means every day carry. I actuall keep it in my truck in a backpack, but you are right you wouldnt want to have it on your belt all day everyday with a headlamp on a hard hat. you would get some looks i bet.

adamlau

Flashlight Enthusiast
My thought is that the light is useful. Now go out and build yourself a Mag655 :) .