Banggood Network

Thread: Battery-operated radio with DIGITAL TV sound

Default Battery-operated radio with DIGITAL TV sound

I often find myself tuning into the TV sound on my portable radio. During thunderstorms when I lose power, I find that my local TV stations do a much better job of reporting about the weather than the radio stations.

This February, I will lose the TV sound on my existing radio as all TV broadcasts go digital.

Is anyone aware of a portable, battery-powered radio that has digital TV sound capabilities?

Default Re: Battery-operated radio with DIGITAL TV sound

I saw a battery powered LCD digital TV set at Best Buy for something like $150. Considering that many NBC affiliates are carrying their "Weather Plus" channel, this can give you access to local radar 24x7.
    Last edited by PhotonWrangler; 06-25-2008 at 09:27 PM.

Wow that TV is interesting. I haven't seen anything like that yet (though I haven't been looking). That would solve the OP's question I guess. I wonder if any of the HAM guys here would know if there's any radio on the market that can deal with digital signals, and hence pull down the audio from DTV. Good question.
    Neutral white, it's the new black.

I have yet to see an ATSC 8-vsb radio receiver yet, but it's only a matter of time. I'm sure the HAM community is watching these developments.