Mount Spy 007 on Talon SS airgun?

acourvil

Enlightened
Anyone know of a mounting clamp that could be used to mount the Spy 007 on a Talon SS airgun with an 11mm rail?

acourvil

Enlightened
Maybe you could expand on your comment a little. Are you saying that you are familiar with the range of mounting options and do not believe that one is available, or are you just saying that you don't think it is a good idea to rail-mount a Spy 007 on an airgun?

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
The GP block attachment accessory will connect to the 007's rail. You would then need to have something to attach it to.

In the coming weeks I want to start production of the block. I plan to make it first so everybody has a starting point. I know it is taking too long to get to this but I will be forced to soon as Mike will be screaming for the next project.

The disclaimer here is that the 007 was not designed to be a weapon light and should not be mounted to any real gun. It would be OK on an air rifle because, as you say, there is no recoil.

Cheers
Dave

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe you could expand on your comment a little. Are you saying that you are familiar with the range of mounting options and do not believe that one is available, or are you just saying that you don't think it is a good idea to rail-mount a Spy 007 on an airgun?

I was reflecting on Data's comments some time ago about the 007 not being intended as a gun light--possibly due to excessive recoil. I see now that he believes mounting on an air gun may not compromise the attachment.

Karl

acourvil

Enlightened
O.k., thanks. Put me on the list for the GP block attachment accessory :)

This is an air rifle that uses a tank of compressed air. There is no recoil, and very little vibration. It is not like a real gun, or even a spring-based pellet gun, which does recoil. Honestly, I'm not sure how much I would even use the light, but the form factor and design seems like a perfect match for those times when I do want a light. An aluminum Spy 007 version (or something similar) with black HA finish would be great, too :)

Edwood

Enlightened
Do you have a 007? It's quite heavy for it's size. Can really offset the balance of your airsoft gun.

acourvil

Enlightened
Do you have a 007? It's quite heavy for it's size. Can really offset the balance of your airsoft gun.

Yes, I have one. The setup I have has quite a few options for mounting. It might change the balance, but I think I could put it pretty close to the center of balance.

MikhailO

Newly Enlightened
The talon isnt an airsoft gun it is a high velocity pellet rifle that uses compressed air rather than co2 and it rawks almost as much as the CONDOR by the same company! How did the light work?