Fenix P1D-CE - your opinions?

Cosmo7809

Enlightened
Well... What do you guys think of it? I like it because of the different light settings, I dont aways need 135 lums and sometimes I need something stronger then only 12. Anyone have the lights? What are your thoughts. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

righty

Newly Enlightened
Re: Fenix P1D-CE

I bought 2 of the premium Q5's that have 180lms.

These babies are twice a bright as the Gladius I have been packing. I love them. I want to use them for a great backup light when I go backpacking and hunting. They weigh absolutely nothing in my pocket.

The threads were dry, and I lubed them with silicon grease, now they are very smooth. I am very pleased.

Cosmo7809

Enlightened

Well im glad to report I bought the Fenix P2D CE. Decided to go with the P2D because of the tail switch. First fenix light and expecting good quality.

P.S.- Anyone have it?

StarHalo

Flashaholic

I own a pair of P1Ds and a pair of P2Ds; I like the P1D as a showpiece, it's the one I get out if I'm around non-flashaholics and need a light. It's a guaranteed crowdpleaser every time, no one can believe something that small and simple puts out so much light. I prefer the P2D for general everyday use, the tailswitch operation makes it much faster to use and select the level you want over a twisty, plus you can start it on low, which makes it a great bedstand/reading light as well.

Enjoy your powerful and versatile new toy :thumbsup:

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast

i believe the P1D-CE Q5 has a sorta of underground "cult" following here...there are alot of fans out there...:D

IMG_0112modifiedcopyright-1.jpg

i know mikesalt for one, always has his with him..:)

im a fan too...

Crenshaw

BobDeLaLuz

Newly Enlightened

I bought the P1D CE Premium Q5 edition two weeks ago and liked it so much that I just took delivery on another one for my wife. For me its tiny, lightweight, built like a tank, puts put a bright and beautifully patterned beam. The guys at work are drooling over it so much that I've noticed them carefully studying the Fenix-store website, I think more devotees are on the way.

half-watt

Flashlight Enthusiast

i have a few. one is very special. noticeably brighter than three P1D-Q5's, but on the fourth P1D-Q5, i scored one that is brighter than that very first P1D-CE i purchased.

sometimes that last Q5 is on a custom Leef body w/McClicky tailcap like the one pictured in Crenshaw's Post. sometimes it's on its original body.

have some P2D's, both CE's & Q5's. they are nice lights, but i still prefer the P1D-Q5 b/c that 16lm (instead of 12lm on the original -CE version) is just perfect for some of my nighttime walking uses. when i want the P2D's "clickyness", the P1D-Q5 head goes on the "McLeef" mentioned above.

crocodilo

Enlightened

i believe the P1D-CE Q5 has a sorta of underground "cult" following here...there are alot of fans out there...:D

Indeed. Really, what else can anyone ask of a flashlight? Small, affordable, reliable, high performance (brightness and/or runtime), good beam.

Makes you wonder if those high-priced brands and customs are really worth it, if you can get this quality at this size and price. Why get a flashlight that cost double and weighs triple to get only inferior performance?

Of course, we all know that the big bucks have marvellous things, and are usually worth it: for a collector and connoiseur, not for a discerning and well-advised flashlight user and consumer.

The P1DQ5 is great, and so is the Leef body with McGizmo switch!!!:twothumbs

Alin10123

Flashlight Enthusiast

Anyone sell the fenix P1DQ5 in black? I dont think i can find any. I dont see any at fenix store and i dont see any on light hounds site.

Nake

Flashlight Enthusiast

I too have an affection for the P1D. I have a black one with an OP, FLuPIC, and a R2 WC emitter. I thought about the Leef body, but it would take away from it's compactness.

edit; I'd like to add that the OP reflector in the light is one of the replacements that are made by Fenix and sold at the Fenix-Store. They are different than the OPs that come with the light. These eliminate the dark ring around the hot spot.... beautiful beam.

Last edited:

hivoltage

Enlightened

I must confess that I have a few of them, including the one in my pocket right now!!! Its hard to find anything wrong with it:thumbsup:

Khemist

Newly Enlightened

I also have Q5 premium in olive, it was my first foray into LEDs (thanks to you guys :naughty:). It is definitely a crowd pleaser. Small, rugged, and crazy bright. Really want to get the Leef body for it but not really into the two-tone look. Note to future buyers, the leef clicky body only comes in raw and black.

abarth_1200

Flashlight Enthusiast
for those whom want to know about the tritium P1D, this is just a simple keyring throught the split pin, the tritium is a chemical inside the keyring that will glow for ten years, very usefull i have a few but expensive for what they are.

LINK

Im sure if you ebay them you will find more variations of colour/size

kavvika

Enlightened
I have two, and I always carry one around with me. Without a doubt, one of my best and most versatile lights. The -CE now sports a R2 WG emitter and the Lux3 version now sports a SSC USV0H. The ONLY way it could be better is if the low and medium modes were switched. I didn't purchase a P1D until over a year into my flashaholicism because they only ran properly on primary lithiums, but due to their circuit efficiency, that one cell runs forever!