Friends : easy come, easy go...

Erasmus

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been born and raised in Belgium, and I live and study in Leuven. Unlike other Belgian students I rarely go home during the weekend (all except a few Belgians go home from Friday to Sunday). Unlike most other Belgian students I don't hang out with only Belgians, but I love to meet international students and hang out with them. It's much more fun with international students and they like to have some Belgian people to rely on to get used to their new -temporary- home. I absolutely love this but sometimes it's so damn hard to say goodbye when they leave.
Today my good friend Pavel from Czech Republic left to his country. He's been studying in Leuven for a year and we lived in the same building. He's one of the only guys I know who like to cook, we spent countless hours in the kitchen trying to improve our oven-chicken recipe. Late in the night when everyone was sleeping we went for walks in the city to take photos. We climbed so many buildings and construction sites to take nice pictures of our city. His door was always open for me and I could talk about everything with him. My brother is the same age but we never got a good relationship, that's why I call Pavel the brother I never had. I like him for so many reasons, he's always open for a good talk and some Czech jokes, never spills a single piece of food, always respects everyone and everything, and taught me so many things about life. It's so damn hard to say goodbye if you have built up a good friendship like this...

BIGIRON

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey. Be thankful that you have such a great friend. So many people never experience that. Just remember the great time's you had together. That's a lifelong treasure.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
sometimes, your closest friends, are the ones you get to talk to the least. Its ironic...:(

Crenshaw

Dantor

Enlightened
yeah I have gone through that, it can be hard but sometimes you keep in touch (IMs emails, phone) and if you do you have a good friend who you can visit. you lose touch of friends even when they live in the same area! it's part of growing up. like they said, your lucky you got the wonderful experience.

Windscale

Enlightened
You two may be hundreds of miles apart, but the world of communication is getting smaller. You two ought to set up something like Skype and you will be able to talk to each other as often as you like and for as long as you like whilst watching each other on screen. This will only cost very very little.

Latest posts