Why is the E2 so popular?

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok I keep reading about everyone having a E2 why does everyone prefer this light to a 6P? I think the 6P is about the most versatile light there is. If you what rechargeable you can do it, if you what more power you can go 65,105,120,200,225,350 or even 500 Lumens
shocked.gif
So if all you E2 fans could please chime in and tell me what I am missing.

yclo

Flashaholic*
Well for me it's because of the small size. I have a M3 and I really haven't carried that around much. But the E2, I have that on me all the time...

YC

DonL

Enlightened
I think one of the great qualities of the E2 is that the light output approaches that of the stock 6P, in a smaller and lighter package, especially when compared to some of the non-Surefire products which are much bigger, heavier, and more difficult to carry.

That's my take on it, anyways. I had a guy just yesterday come by for a quote on central A/C. He was poking around inspecting the current ducting with a 2 C-cell Mag, and couldn't quite see what he was looking for. I handed him my E2, and he was pretty impressed with the whiter light that made it along the entire run of ducting he was looking at. "That's really a nice little light," he said.

Mrdi

Enlightened
Lites are affordable
Lites are not fickle
Different lites serve different purposes
You don't have to decide which one is best.
Buy many!
Include a 6'er

Blikbok

Enlightened
I don't really value the configureability of the 6p-based models. I'd rather have one small light and one big light than a kit.

So the same output in a smaller package is good.

rlhess

Enlightened
When I was at Nordic Knives looking at the Surefire collection, the 6P had a bit more punch...not much, just a bit, but the E2e was so small and comfortable in my pocket. It's staying there. Nice and handy. Don't even know it's there until I need it.

It fits right under my wallet.

Cheers,

Richard

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree with everyone on the small size and EXCELLENT brightness in such a small package. The E-2 is my ENC (Every Night Carry) when I'm "out on the town" (along with an ARC AAA).

I know that a lot of people don't like the clip on the E-2, but for me, it was the third most important factor in my buying and carrying decision.

I have a 6P with 65 and 120 lumen lamp assemblies. I doubt that I'll ever carry it unless I lose or destroy my E2 somehow.

When I'm around the house or out and about when I KNOW that I'm going to need bright light, I grab the PT Surge as it is cheaper to operate than the 6P, AND blows it away with brightness and "throw".

You know, it is odd, but until I started hanging around CPF, I didn't even bother to carry a light unless I was going underground. I was always comfortable wandering around lit only by moon, stars or ambient light from the lights of "civilization".

Am I a weaker man because of my association with CPF? Probably so.

But then, maybe that bear had something to do with my bright light addiction too....

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess I don't realize how small it is. I was under the impression it was just barely smaller than the 6P. I wish I could see one, there are not any SF dealers in Grand Rapids.

Darell

Flashaholic
Well, shoot. Nothing to add, since it has all been said. The E2 simply offers the best balance of size/brightness in an incandescent EDC light. It is the one to beat, and nobody's done it yet. Well, except maybe the E2e
smile.gif

axolotls

Enlightened
I would definitely get the E2e HA over an E2, since it has the anti roll bezel; LOTC; and pyrex lens. If you want more of an "executive -ahem-" look with more style than an E2 GM fits the bill.

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK Great just what I needed now I have another light on my list! I know know one likes Botach but they have a great price on both the E2 and the E2e $53 and $70 and I have had great luck with them. So which to buy?That is a big price dif.

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you plan to carry it clipped to you pocket, like I do, I recomend the E2 (GM finish is nice). I have (2) E2e's, but they eat my pocket hem to bad to carry like I do the E2. The clip on the E2 makes it much easier to get in & out of the pocket, too. TX
JT,
Get the E2 in HA finish, then if you decide you would rather have the E2e, I'll trade you one of mine for it. I have one I got from FC that has a very minor mark on it. If it gets to the point of a trade, I'll email you a picture.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I just bought my second E2 line. I bought an E2, after having already bought an E2e. I chose a second E2 over the 6P for a couple of reasons.
(1) The E2 is an easier carry, if only for its length. But it is also narrower than the 6P. The E2 as it is fits perfectly next to my wallet in my back pocket.
(2) It puts out nearly as much light as the 6P, yet burns longer (even if marginally).
(3) Pyrex lens. Don't know how important that is, since there isn't a HIGH OUTPUT lamp for the E2 (HOLA), but it should stand up to the standard lamp better, right?
(4) I ordered the E2 second because, quite frankly, I'm one of the ones that don't particularly like the pocket clip on the E2e. (At least, in getting the GM version of the E2e, I didn't have to get the anti-roll bezel.) So for my second E2, I ordered the standard, so I can remove the clip and hopefully no have a big channel in the side of the light where the clip is supposed to be.
rolleyes.gif

(5) I have two E2's now for two different purposes. One of them will remain in the house, secured and unused, for the hopefully never "bump in the night," to flash any intruder, hopefully helping to dazzle and giving me a slight advantage in any further action required. I feel with the power of the E2 nearly that of the 6P, it can fulfill this requirement. The other E2 will be outfitted with the MN02 LOLA (which I just pre-ordered from Surefire, BTW; they are getting that close) for daily carry. I'm guessing that I'll pull the LOTC from the E2e and put it on the E2, and put the MN02 in the E2, with the pocket clip removed. But I digress.... sorry.

The bottom line, though, is who am I kidding... I'll most likely end up getting a 6P as well. Or even ... ulp... the M2.....
rolleyes.gif

Oh, good size comparison here, from thelightsite.cruxial.com.
surefire_e1_6p_family.jpg

From left to right: Size comparison - MiniMag, 6P, E2, Arc LS 2AA, E1e, Arc LS 123

Size15's

Flashaholic
I carry the E2e all the time clipped inside my trouser pocket. I don't notice it's there, and unlike the E2, the E2e stays put where I clip it and has never fallen out or come loose.

I do value the LOTC, and also the Anti-roll Bezel (even though I thought I didn't need it)

Everything about the E2e shines quality, attention to detail, and the only flashlight I can see replacing the E2e as my EDC is the A2.

Al

Darell

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Size15s:
clipped inside my trouser pocket. I don't notice it's there<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah, but I'll bet the ladies do!

That's why I carry the M6 the same way....

shocked.gif

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I got it in last week and really like it the size is great! There are only two things about it that bother me the clip is annoying, but I am getting that fixed with a different Bezel. The other is the light output is good for it's size but it is rated at 60L and my P6 is 65L however side by side there is a big difference in light output. On the other hand this light is very well built and engineered, it feels great in your hand.