Storacell
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: tactical flashlight holsters

Default Re: tactical flashlight holsters

Alright! Here are the two pics as requested of my MD2 after being in/out of the Mod-U-Lok holster for a few months.

It's in perfect conditions, no signs of wear on the anodization or the knurling.

The little white spots on the head were not caused by the holster. The other little white spots are mostly dirt that I noticed after taking the pictures.

This is how it sits in the holster :

EDIT : added an image.
    Last edited by ToNIX; 03-22-2011 at 02:15 PM.
    [New Malkoff MD2/M61W (neutral) H/L] - [Old Malkoff MD2/M61 219 H/L] - [Fenix TK11 R5] - [4Sevens Quark AA Tactical R5] - [Petzl Tikka Plus] - [Streamlight Propoly 4AA Luxeon]

Flashaholic*

Hi ToNIX,

thanks for your efforts with taking the pictures. Seems that the next task is to ask my dealer if the Surefire Z2 has a good fit or not with all rubber rings attached, since those are removed in the first picture in this thread on the G2Z.

Cheers and have a safe shift.

Thorsten
    Last edited by Xacto; 03-22-2011 at 07:56 PM.

Did it fit? If so, I'll get it for my Z2 also!

edit: ordered w/ the paddle. Can't wait. "No more stuff for a while!"
    Last edited by egrep; 07-02-2011 at 07:48 PM.

Yes it does. I sold my G2Z but I tried it with my Laser Products 6Z. It works but you have to slide the rings forward toward the head. Otherwise the rings interfere with the part that grabs onto the body.

Also my concern for the Mod-u-lock holster is that it was designed around 1" diameter lights. The Z2, is obviously thinner. So be cautious that it will be easier to pull out of the holster and potentially lose it.

Collecting is not about what you have but rather what you DONT have . . . yet.
    ABTOMAT: "Newer Surefire lights strike me as the result of CNC programmers saying to each other "Hold my beer and watch THIS."

Just found this tactical flashlight hoster: "HellFighter Cyclops-Quick Detach Belt Light Holder", but don't know much about it. I think its made by Dark Ops. Looks like larger diameter lights can fit it.

Hope this helps,
    Lightsolo
    Last edited by lightsolo; 02-12-2012 at 11:24 PM.

Just ordered the Blackhawk Mod-U-Lok holster and am looking forward to having a bezel-down carry holster. While poking around I also found the Brite-Strike Quick Cam Roto-Loc Holster. Has anyone here tried that unit? I like that you can activate and rotate the light into a hands-free use position.

Wilkey

5.11 tactical had offer same holster with 3 different size, I was wondering they can fit the bigger head light like BC25, XT11...etc.

See Rule #3 Do not Hot Link images - Norm
    Last edited by Norm; 02-28-2012 at 03:56 AM.

Gee I wonder where 5.11 got the idea for their holster from?

It looks like a bad copy of the Blackhawk version.
    There are no foolish questions and no man becomes a fool until he has stopped asking questions

Thanks a lot! Now i'm off to get myself a Surefire V85 holster from B&H Photo here in NY.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...5_Holster.html

Just received my Blackhawk holster and I'm VERY pleased. Super solid USA-made construction. Firm hold on the light, great belt attachment and rock solid angle/cant adjustment. An excellent value at just around $30. My special SF C2 rides in this when on the job now.

Wilkey

Can anyone who owns the Blackhawk holster tell me if the Surefire LX2 Lumamax will fit in this holster. The body of the light is .8 inches and the bezel is 1 inch. I'm worried the LX2 might be too thin for a secure fit. This is the light I carry at work and this holster seems perfect for my needs.

Quote Originally Posted by flashlight nut View Post
    Can anyone who owns the Blackhawk holster tell me if the Surefire LX2 Lumamax will fit in this holster. The body of the light is .8 inches and the bezel is 1 inch. I'm worried the LX2 might be too thin for a secure fit. This is the light I carry at work and this holster seems perfect for my needs.
    It's going to be a bit loose and rattly if you don't use the elastic strap to secure it. I tried my L4 and Z2. The skinny part of the C2 is just fat enough to keep it from rattling. Even so, I use the strap.

Wilkey

Good to know. Thanks for the reply.

I know it's an old topic, but can anyone tell me if the Blawkhawk! light holster will work with the Fenix TK15?

Thanks in advance.

so I found this thread because I'm unsure if I ought to get the V70 or V85 and had made the following notes to myself:

1. V70 seems more barebones (lacks battery carrier functionality)
    2. V70 looks like it encases/covers more of the light body (more secure?)
    3. V85 holds extra cells (nice!)
    4. V85 looks more durable

are my four points above pretty accurate? I'm leaning towards buying the V85 over the V70. what are you guy's thoughts?

edit: additionally, Amazon.com customer reviews of the V70 seem to indicate the V70 is rather prone to failure
    aka Edgar Allan Bro, Brosama Bin Liftin, Walter Crunkite, Bro Namath, Teddy Brosevelt, and the Tomahawk Crunkmissile.
    my lights - review of PrecisionWorks - that's Gucci Mane in my avatar

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12