tactical flashlight holsters

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok so I hate the light pouches that seem to be prevalent in the flashlight world. I love my blackhawk serpa holster for my glock. I was debating buying the V70 polymer holster by SF because while it is great as a quick holster, it is limited in the fact that it is attached by a belt loop.

I wanted something that can attach to molle.

I then saw the G3 LED Kit. I thought maybe I can make this fit my needs. not needing another flashlight I went and bought the V85 holster, from the G3 Kit, separately from SF.

Then I bought the Blackhawk Gladius, on clearance at LAPOLICEGEAR.com. 149.99 shipped with a free blackhawk mod-u-lock holster. I didnt realize this deal about the holster so I ordered another one. But it is ok as I love this holster.

Here are the three that I have 2x blackhawk and 1x surefire
dsc00940br9.jpg

I had the surefire V85 holster for a day before my Blackhawk came in. I was pleased that it has adjustability in the angle of the holster in relation to the belt clip. I was intending on modifying this holster with a S.T.R.I.K.E. Speed Clip CQC Platform

http://www.blackhawk.com/images/catalog/38CL63_0BIG.JPG

Here are shots of the V85
dsc00944px6.jpg

dsc00945py8.jpg

dsc00946ce8.jpg

I like that the V85 can hold spare batteries. I have the SF spares carrier but it is a little bulky if I store it in a pocket. Of course its fine for a range bag or backpack. But i would like to be able to carry spare batteries on me and this seemed like a viable option.

Then my gladius came and I had two sets of holsters. Upon comparing the V85 with the BH holster the belt clip system is nearly identical. the BH is wider than the SF. one nice thing about the BH holster is that you can store the flashlight bezel up or down. while the SF V85 can only be used bezel down.

I have to be honest the BH holster is a scosh bit too narrow for the gladius. the polymer in the holster is marring the finish on my gladius.

When i use my G2Z, the fit is perfect. I had already removed the two rubber grip rings on the G2Z and it is almost as if this holster was made for the G2Z. when i try to use this holster for my G2L, the snaps that hold the body are a bit snug and require a bit of force to remove the light from the holster. but the G2Z is just narrow enought to be a perfect fit.

Also another nice feature is that since it is BH, it is compatible with all BH strike components like the strike clip, even my serpa paddle is compatible with the holster. I can swap the holster onto those accessories.

dsc00950vy2.jpg

ninjaboigt

Enlightened
Hmm nice holster by BH, didnt know they made one like that...how does the holster look with the G2 on a belt? too bulky?

how secure is the G2 with out the rubber retention strap ?

and how easy is it to remove a G2 with the rubber retention strap ?

Delta1067

Newly Enlightened
I use this same Black Hawk Mod-U-Lock hoslter with a Surefire G2 and it works great. You do not need the retention strap as the G2 fits secure enough. Just pop it in and yank it out. It is not to bulky on a duty belt. I have been very happy with it and the guys at work are always asking me where did I get that flashlight holder.

drew2001

Newly Enlightened
Great post helpfull pics thanks...

Never saw the BH holster before. Now that is a plan. I'd imagined a snap in type just not seen a production yet. Top props to my BH serpa as well, been the best owb pistol holster so far.

Shawn L

Newly Enlightened
That BH holster looks great, do you think the Surefire 6PL will fit?

bagman

Enlightened
I have one of the original Blackhawk Gladius holsters with the large teklok on the back and one of the new mod-u-lock ones.

Unless it has just got a lot looser with age the old one has a bigger diameter clip for the torch barrel. I can't put a G2Z in mine like your pics without it moving about too much.

Great pics BTW

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
just a little addition. Here is the BH holster on my serpa paddle. this works well for when I wear shorts or pants without a belt. Again another reason I do not like flashlight pouches or holsters that REQUIRE a belt.

bhpaddlelightholsterac0.jpg

harddrive

Enlightened
I am a big fan of the Black Hawk Holster. I use it for work (LEO) and couldn't be happier. I have read some complaints that it get loose over time, but I've been using mine close to two years and it is still fine. Here's some shots with different lights in it:

P1000615.jpg

P1000621.jpg

P1000624.jpg

CLHC

Flashaholic
Tried looking and maybe not hard enough, but does anyone know if there's a holster for the SureFire X300, other than going with a Raven Concealment Phantom Holster for discreet carry?

Dr Jekell

Enlightened
I have found these ones. If some one who is going to a BH dealer who would be able to find out if I could use either of them to replicate Solscud007's BH holster/paddle mod it would be appreciated.

BlackHawk CQC Paddle w/Screws

OR

BlackHawk CQC Dual Rail Accessory Paddle

I was also thinking about the second one & having a custom kydex plate made up to hold the BH holster & a leatherman wave & screw onto the paddle.

Last edited: