• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

2nd Wave: Ti McClickie Pak (1x123)

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Hi guys,

For more information, please refer to the first wave of these, HERE.

I will copy and paste the heart of the offering from the thread linked above.

The titanium McClickie pak:

AlephMcClickie.jpg

This pak is essentially a titanium version of the pak used in the Aleph McMule set with a revised tail form. Once I got the new silicone boots and had a chance to try them out, I realized I didn't need to leave as much access to the switch as I had felt was required in the first design of the pak. Instead of a relieved counter bore in the tail, a chamfer which left more meat for the clip screws was settled upon. I say settled upon because the machine shop had input in this decision and it was their suggestion over a more complicated, asymmetric design, I was proposing.

Now for some of you, the hybrid appearance of Ti in the rear and Al in the front may be less than appealing. To each his own. I personally prefer all Ti. However, from a functional point of reference, one could argue that the Al head is better suited for thermal reasons and justified in a design where function is the only or primary consideration. Above, a SF E1B head is hosted on a Ti McClickie Pak and I think the E1B head is a really cool, two speed component. I think it would even be cooler (not literally) if it were available in Ti but that's simply not going to happen. I have tried the E1B head on the Ti McClickie Pak as well as back on its original pak and I prefer the Ti McClickie Pak as host for a number of reasons.

I have called the pak timeless because for the most part, it is the front end which has evolved and keeps getting better as new LED's and drivers become available.

AlephMcClickie-Heads.jpg

With a Ti bezel and Ti pak, the hybrid light can hold its own on many counts, IMHO. An example below with an Aleph 19 being hosted:

A-19-McClickie.jpg

The wave offering:

I am offering these Ti McClickie Paks for $170 plus shipping cost. Shipping will be via priority mail or international priority mail unless you request otherwise. For domestic priority mail, you can request insurance if you like and instead of the included delivery confirmation, you can request signature confirmation for an added $1.75 but you will need to be there to sign. I don't offer insurance on international shipping for a number of reasons.

For general information on how the orders are processed and such, please review This Thread.

If you want one or more of these, please send me an e-mail with
Ti McC Pak

in the subject line as well as the quantity if more than one.

In the body of the e-mail request, please include:
CPF name
Real Name and mailing address & phone #

Any alternate shipping requests or request for insurance

I will respond with a confirmation of order received or a postage notification e-mail or both depending on how quickly I get to the requests and can process them. In the subject line of the postage notification I will include the total and please feel free to submit this amount via PayPal or other means at your earliest convenience.

These will be available on a first order received, first processed basis. In terms of quantity in this wave, at present, I have 35 of these completed and ready to ship now. There is an additional 10 of them that I am short on O-rings for. I expect to receive the O-rings this next week.

Thanks guys! :)

AndyTiedye

Flashlight Enthusiast
Email sent (and followup with shipping address because of premature "send").

also requested 10 more Nichias. Not sure if shipping them together is practical or not.

Barefootone

Enlightened
Hello Don,
This will certainly be off topic, but I had to ask you about the E1B especially since I have one. Funny side note I got my E1B in a trade for pocket tool and the E1B is much more usefull to me.
Above, a SF E1B head is hosted on a Ti McClickie Pak and I think the E1B head is a really cool, two speed component. I think it would even be cooler (not literally) if it were available in Ti but that's simply not going to happen. I have tried the E1B head on the Ti McClickie Pak as well as back on its original pak and I prefer the Ti McClickie Pak as host for a number of reasons.
My impression for what it's worth of the E1B it's a fantastic little pocket rocket and with the low level it's perfect for a night stroll. I did a comparison of my Aleph 1/ SOB750 Seoul "U" and the E1B and I was really surprised that the E1B's throw and brightness as compared to the Aleph 1/ SOB750 Seoul was some what better. In my small collection of lights I always thought that my Aleph1 would blow anything that I had out of the water, but this is not the case with the E1B very impressive.

I think SureFire has really put a lot into this tiny E1B package and maybe pushed the envelope one more time for such a small 123 package.
I was just curious what your impression of the E1B is?
Thanks,
Jeff

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Hi Jeff,

I think the SF E1B is a great little light. I personally prefer a reflector over a combo TIR optic but the E1B with its wider angle of distribution does undermine that preference to an extent. I would still like to see more light in a wider flood pattern as part of the E1B's output but that is certainly subjective and just points to my preference of a deep reflector over the TIR approach. I think the E1B has a lot going for it even if it is not a hot item on CPF. For a casual user, the KISS access of the two levels provides real utility and there is no need to be aware of something termed UI. I have recommended the SF E1B to some friends who seek a contemporary quality flashlight and don't want to be overwhelmed with another device that has a learning curve involved.

I don't have a KX1 to show hosted on these Ti McClickie paks but I knew of its existence and it alone made me confident that there is a place for these Ti McClickie paks beyond inclusion in a complete light I might make. Obviously there are any number of custom E series heads as well as existing heads which can be hosted as well but moving forward, I think the KX1 is a good product and it comes sans host. A person new to our world or one not necessarily wanting to get caught up in the modular component game with extra parts, could purchase the KX1 and one of these McClickie paks and build a complete light with no extra pieces sitting around. They could enjoy the SF warranty and assurance of support on the KX1 while hosting it on a pak that has a good clickie (IMHO) and a superior belt clip (again, IMHO).

I purchased a KX2 from SureFire and it will be the first thing I try on the Ti McClickie 2x123 paks I have in process. I don't have any plans at present for use of these 2x123 paks and it is primarily on the foundation of the KX2 that I feel confident in doing a run of these titanium 2x123 paks. I have no doubts that some of them will be used with custom and existing E series heads but I think the strength of the KX2 itself can support these paks moving forward.

On a somewhat related or at least on topic to the Ti McClickie Pak, I tried a NiteCore Extreme head on one of these and it works quite well and as it should.

precisionworks

Flashaholic
Along the same line ... I tested my E1B/Ti Pak using my sphere, and the E1B had a higher lumen output than the NovaTac 120P, U2 and L4. A number of members wrote me that their E1B was also brighter than the above lights, based on a white wall or ceiling bounce.

Lots of horsepower in a small package, and the nicest factory head (IMO) on a Ti Pak.

starfiretoo

Flashlight Enthusiast
McGizmo - Any delivery date on these 2x123 paks?
I purchased a KX2 from SureFire and it will be the first thing I try on the Ti McClickie 2x123 paks I have in process. I don't have any plans at present for use of these 2x123 paks and it is primarily on the foundation of the KX2 that I feel confident in doing a run of these titanium 2x123 paks.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
McGizmo - Any delivery date on these 2x123 paks?

I expect to see them this month and hopefully soon. Once I get them, I need to prep and install McClickie switches and belt clips on them which unfortunately takes time and focus and adds to the lead time. SO yes, there is a delivery date but danged if I know what it is and any guess I came up with would instantly become a target for Maui Murphy. I am trying to get him to focus on somebody or somewhere else and avoid giving him easy targets if I can! :green:

Barefootone

Enlightened
Hey Don,
Thanks for your take on it.
I think the SF E1B is a great little light. I personally prefer a reflector over a combo TIR optic but the E1B with its wider angle of distribution does undermine that preference to an extent. I would still like to see more light in a wider flood pattern as part of the E1B's output but that is certainly subjective and just points to my preference of a deep reflector over the TIR approach. I think the E1B has a lot going for it even if it is not a hot item on CPF. For a casual user, the KISS access of the two levels provides real utility and there is no need to be aware of something termed UI. I have recommended the SF E1B to some friends who seek a contemporary quality flashlight and don't want to be overwhelmed with another device that has a learning curve involved.

Yes I know your preference for the wider flood pattern which is a good quality and I myself am glad that I have a Amc-Mule which gives the best wide flood pattern of any light I have seen. Yes the KISS approach is a good way to look at the E1B from the casual users position. The casual user who doesn't know about and much less cares about the pieces parts to pair on a power pak the E1B is perfect. Unlike myself and other sick Flashaholics who dream of more pieces parts and more advanced LED's and converter's.
OK, I'm done sorry I took us off topic again :lolsign:.
Jeff