• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

McClicky switch Q's

houtex

Enlightened
I figured this would be the best place to ask,hope i didn't figure wrong.
I have 3 Vital Gear FB1 bodies that I love. Unfortunatly one of the switches has given out. When trying to remove it I broken the spring. I've tried to contact Supreme Co. on just purchasing spare switches but no answer and who's to say that they won't fail again. Has anyone tried to replace the FB1 switch with a McC? Would it even work? As always any help is greatly appreciated.

houtex

Enlightened
A answer from the man himself. I thank you.
Any suggestions on how to get a more reliable switch on that Vg Fb1?

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has anyone ever put a McClicky switch into an Surefire E2D tailcap? My E2D switch just broke and I temporaryly wanted to put in a McClicky but I just don´t get it.

I can screw the switch into the threads that screw the tailcap onto the body. It works that way but there´s only a quarter to a half turn left to screw the tailcap onto the body and you know where this is going lead to.

If I put the McClicky from the push button side into the tailcap it is not going down far enough and is not working at all. It seems like the threads on the switch prevent it from going down any further since the original switch does not have any threads.

Am I missing something or is the McClicky switch not compatible with an E2D tailcap?

Thanks
Eric

Last edited:

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
Has anyone ever put a McClicky switch into an Surefire E2D tailcap? My E2D switch just broke and I temporaryly wanted to put in a McClicky but I just don´t get it.

I can screw the switch into the threads that screw the tailcap onto the body. It works that way but there´s only a quarter to a half turn left to screw the tailcap onto the body and you know where this is going lead to.

If I put the McClicky from the push button side into the tailcap it is not going down far enough and is not working at all. It seems like the threads on the switch prevent it from going down any further since the otiginal switch does not have any threads.

Am I missing something or is the McClicky switch not compatible with an E2D tailcap?

Thanks
Eric

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/2445034#post2445034

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
That was fast. Thank you Will.
Eric

EDIT: Well, I went down another road. I simply filed down the threads on the switch until it fit the tailcap. Quick´n dirty - works fine and everything is back to normal.

Last edited: