AAA-PE(LE) vs. LSH-P any pics?

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnwc723

Newly Enlightened
hey everyone I own a AAA-pe (its in the shop though) and now im all jelous of everyone with a LS /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif (i wanna see if its worth my money) does anyone have a pic of a LSH-p vs a AAAPE? thanks!

johnwc723

Newly Enlightened
naaa i still think its called premium but i just said PE for premium /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

onelight

Enlightened
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Sorry do not have any beam shots,but the output of the ls is probably 15-20 times that of your arc-aaa

SUREFARC

Enlightened
123-all.jpg

johnwc723

Newly Enlightened
thanks 512 for the PICS!! i have wondered what the size difference between the lights is! (could ya give me a beam shot if you get the chance too? (I bet lots of people are curious!)

stangster

Newly Enlightened
Holy moly! Without the tail clickie, the LSH is tiny!!!

Where can I get one of those cheap?

Thanks

johnwc723

Newly Enlightened
thanks surfarc for the pics!, think i want one! also does anyone have a picture of a LS vs. AAA side to side?

keithhr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I own both and there isn't much to compare, the aaa is a small, if your in total darkness and are afraid of the dark and don't want to be in total darkness kind of person, the aaa will give you a bit of light with a throw of about 20 feet if it's dark. Not much light but a good close up light. The LSH-P will give you a light that is significant, it will give some light on my next door neighbors yard.

PieThatCorner

Enlightened
Oh for cryin' out loud, I can't believe no one has posted a pic yet comparing these two /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif

Okay John, here you go... (both lights positioned at a distance of 8 feet from a white wall)

fc51a0f2.jpg

To compare the two beams, it's a proverbial apples and oranges comparison -- I prefer comparing the beam of the SureFire KL1/E2e to that of the LSH-P or LSL-P.

Hope that helps with your decision re: a future LSH-P purchase...

-Jim

EDIT: After looking at this beamshot comparison pic again, I should add that this really doesn't do any justice at all to the AAA LE. Granted, I did say that this was an apples and oranges comparison, but by itself, the AAA LE casts an incredibly useful amount of light given its size, and its sidespill is just as useful in terms of brightness. Again, the picture just doesn't do it any justice. I frequently find myself using the AAA LE more often than the LSH-P only because it's the most easily carried of the two. Plus, its light output is plenty sufficient for the general tasks I use it for.

MichiganMan

Enlightened
I haven't seen any mention of the runtime comparisons which is where the AAA would really make this an apples and oranges discussion. Isn't the runtime of a LSH-P somewhere around an hour, and using an expensive lithium battery at that?

Kinda like comparing a bb-gun holding 100 bb's with a .22 6 shot revolver. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

PieThatCorner

Enlightened
Yes, at least 2 hours on a single 123 lithium... the AAA will burn for about 5-6 hours.

Michigan, the comparison difference (and its impracticality) I was speaking of was the brightness between the two (to address the original question of the poster, John). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

-Jim

krept

Newly Enlightened
Awesome pics, thanks. I knew too that it was a funny comparison but it was still cool to see and I commend you for going to the extra trouble.

totally off topic question related to your name... when you are approaching a corner on your weakhanded side and you have a longarm, before you pie do you switch hands (longarm now held with weakhand) or do you still stay w/ the stronghand and lean? For sake of discussion, lets say you can't transition to sidearm. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
(honest question)
cheers,
Erik

PieThatCorner

Enlightened
Thanks krept -- I'm thinking about posting a KL1/E2e beamshot pic comparison with my LSH-P just for the heck of it (in reference to my earlier post with the pic).

[off-topic]

Re: the weakhanded approach with a longarm, I've been trained to do a switch to the weakhand side. I use a three-point sling equipped with a TRB (Tactical Release Buckle), allowing extra slack in the sling to accomodate a transition for shouldering the weapon to your opposite side. I find leaning with a longarm makes it more of an unsteady platform given the size and weight attributes (namely, a shotgun). I've seen it performed the other way though, with much skill. krept - you're the first one here to mention it on the board and make the correct reference to my name... i.e. tactically pie-ing a corner. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/off-topic]

If I get a chance, I'll try to post that KL1/E2e vs LSH-P pic soon.

-Jim

paulr

Flashaholic
How bright is the LSH output in moon mode and how long does moon mode last?

Status
Not open for further replies.