Darwin Award candidate

o0o

Enlightened
Last edited:

o0o

Enlightened
Someone photoshopped an image of a mouse holding a .45 in that forum I included. LOL

DonShock

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had a roomate hunt mice with my gun many years ago while I was off on vacation. When I came back and noticed some ammo missing, I asked what he used it for. "This mouse was making a bunch of noise and I couldn't sleep. I could see him back between the walls in the basement but I couldn't reach him. So I started shooting to chase him out."

At least he was only using my .25 Auto.

o0o

Enlightened
If she had a pet cat, her mice infestation would be reduced, and she'd still have a functioning knee cap.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
This is actually the 2nd such incident I heard about.

The first involved a man who had tried unsuccessfully to kill a mouse in his apartment. After trying all the conventional means, he apparently got stoned, pulled out a .357 Magnum, and started blasting away!

When the cops showed up, he cooperated; and put his gun down. He then explained that his neighbors were in no danger because he wasn't aiming at them. He was just trying to kill the mouse that was in his apartment. Cops found numerous bullet holes in the wall. The mouse was apparently still alive.... as the cops took the man way.

o0o

Enlightened
This behavior isn't that uncommon where this lady was hanging out. There is a small but dedicated band of meth users in the area.

83Venture

Enlightened
Reminds me of an article I read a while back about a woman using a 12 GA to try removing a corn/callus on her heel. She was drinking but it is hard to beleive you can get so wasted that this seemed like a good idea.

o0o

Enlightened
Reminds me of an article I read a while back about a woman using a 12 GA to try removing a corn/callus on her heel. She was drinking but it is hard to beleive you can get so wasted that this seemed like a good idea.

Yikes!

A 12 guage is likely going to remove a lot more than just a corn.

It likely removed her whole foot?

She must have been *very high* to even think about doing that.

Monocrom

Flashaholic

Never underestimate the sheer power of human stupidity.

It knows no bounds.

Valolammas

Enlightened
That was funny, thanks guys!

The next time I see a gun thread where someone exclaims, "I wish somebody could tell just what they mean by reasonable gun control", I'll have a link to post.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
That was funny, thanks guys!

The next time I see a gun thread where someone exclaims, "I wish somebody could tell just what they mean by reasonable gun control", I'll have a link to post.

Someone that stupid could easily get behind the wheel of a car and cause far more damage. And in fact, it happens every day with drunk drivers. Yet no one screams for car-control.

Lets see:
230-grain, .45 ACP FMJ bullet, traveling at about 950 FPS.

VS.

2-ton, vehicle, traveling at about 70 MPH.

Led_Blind

Enlightened
Someone that stupid could easily get behind the wheel of a car and cause far more damage. And in fact, it happens every day with drunk drivers. Yet no one screams for car-control.

Lets see:
230-grain, .45 ACP FMJ bullet, traveling at about 950 FPS.

VS.

2-ton, vehicle, traveling at about 70 MPH.

hehehe Americans :) (TIC)

Dont worry, in my youth i was holidaying in the centre of NSW (outback for you guys.... ha i cannot stop my self today). Anyway, we were out roo and wild pig shooting and were just heading back for our first night in an old no longer used building on the property.
We were just coming up to the house at dusk and were no more that a football field away and saw a bright flash followed by a shotgun blast followed by what shounded like hale in the metal car roof.....

So after the necessary 'oh shiiiiiiiii' we get to the house jump out only to see the land owner, shotty in hand going room to room umm creating holes in the walls to feed power cords through so we could have light... I think he was in a hurry

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
First, it can only be a Darwin Award if it removed the person from the gene pool. Also, it can't be self-inflicted. The linked articles don't mention whether the .44 round sterilized the guy, and it wasn't his decision to shoot mice with a .44 Mag (more on that later) anyway. The woman could get an Honorable Mention, which basically means that she's lucky she's not a Darwin Award candidate.

Second, what kind of revolver was this that discharged when it hit the floor? The second article says that she dropped it as she was unholstering it. Does she have so little sense that she carries it with the hammer cocked? :thinking: If not, I'm very, extremely interested to hear what model accidentally discharges due to a fall. Heck, I don't even know how she got such a handgun, as CA (where the incident occured) requires that all handguns sold must pass a drop test, among others.

A .177 airgun is one of the few marginally acceptable tools for shooting rodents indoors, assuming that you really have to. Even a .22 can go through several layers of sheetrock.

Maybe she mistook the mouse for a wild boar. :)

Valolammas

Enlightened
For the record, I am not American, nor will I ever be, so the 2nd amendment and the Great American Gun Debate do not concern me. However, I actually do care a little bit about it, because most (if not all) of my American internet-friends and acquaintances are pro-gun. For what it's worth, if I could, I'd be on their side.

But despite that, I find it amusing how touchy both sides of the issue are. Any "suspicious" statement immediately brings out the aggressive rhetoric and counter-argument. Therefore:

Yep, and some moron could even get his hands on a book of matches and use them to do even more damage. Besides, don't you think that "licence and registration" business counts as car control? I live in a very gun-controlled country, and even I think cars are more controlled than guns. Granted, you don't need a permit to buy a car, but you sure need one to operate it, and where I live, getting a driver's licence is not a trivial walk-through. Plus, to keep the registration in order, you must have your car officially inspected once a year and pay the mandatory insurance etc. After you get a gun, you have a gun and that's it. There are no check ups, inspections or anything.

Anyway, my post above was intended as a joke, sort of in the same vein as the "gun control means using both hands". The joke was that being reasonable requires the use of reason, i.e. reasonable gun control means you'll also have to use your brain a little, which some gun owners apparently don't. Sorry, I guess I should have explained that a bit more clearly.

o0o

Enlightened
First, it can only be a Darwin Award if it removed the person from the gene pool. Also, it can't be self-inflicted. The linked articles don't mention whether the .44 round sterilized the guy, and it wasn't his decision to shoot mice with a .44 Mag (more on that later) anyway. The woman could get an Honorable Mention, which basically means that she's lucky she's not a Darwin Award candidate.

Second, what kind of revolver was this that discharged when it hit the floor? The second article says that she dropped it as she was unholstering it. Does she have so little sense that she carries it with the hammer cocked? :thinking: If not, I'm very, extremely interested to hear what model accidentally discharges due to a fall. Heck, I don't even know how she got such a handgun, as CA (where the incident occured) requires that all handguns sold must pass a drop test, among others.

A .177 airgun is one of the few marginally acceptable tools for shooting rodents indoors, assuming that you really have to. Even a .22 can go through several layers of sheetrock.

Maybe she mistook the mouse for a wild boar. :)

I'm guessing its a very late model single-action Ruger before the safety conversion came out. IIRC, CA law says you cannot buy a gun that fails drop tests. It does NOT say that you cannot own one -- and many people here still do own guns that are very old.

She was probably so drunk that she hostered it with the hammer cocked.

Or... she lied about it firing after falling to take some heat off her (maybe she was so drunk that SHE accidently fired it and hurt herself and one other person).