Referencing SureFire The Beast II Rechargeable?

adamlau

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is it SureFire Beast? Or SureFire Beast II? Or SureFire The Beast? Or SureFire The Beast II? All I know is that the 2008 catalog references it as the Beast Rechargeable and that the accompanying catalog image references THE BEAST on its handle.

Last edited:

Size15's

Flashaholic
It's model BR1-BK.
What's in a name? It is both "Beast II" (since the first Beast offered as a retail product was different from the BR1-BK). It is also "The Beast" because, well, it is.

(The original offering of The Beast was a limited run of 85 for public consumption. I believe it was model "B1" but I could be mistaken)

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
During the 12-14 months mine was on order, I made several calls to SF regarding production
status, case selection and options, LiIon handle inquiries, changes in features and output, etc..

Each time SF referred to it as the "Beast 2".

Original Beast was the B1.

The new designation of BR1-BK adds the "R" for Rechargeable and the BK for Black HAIII.

Patriot

Flashaholic
Adam, that one is still for sale in the Marketplace for about $700 less than from SF (who doesn't even currently have them).

Just an option if your thinking about it... Seems like you are..:sssh:

adamlau

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was until further talks with SureFire revealed that the rechargeable handle could only be charged by way of the case.

Patriot

Flashaholic
I was until further talks with SureFire revealed that the rechargeable handle could only be charged by way of the case.

I did now know that. That's so Surefire-ish. I guess they figured that if it wasn't attached to a huge box soldiers would loose it.

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
...the rechargeable handle could only be charged by way of the case.
Good news is the head doesn't have to be attached to the LiIon handle while it's being
charged, which means you can run the primary body while the LiIon body is charging.

I get 2 hours 15 minutes run on a fully charged handle, and the charge is very fast at
2 hours from empty to full!