• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Proposed Killer AAA Battery Tube Designs

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
There seems to be plenty of interest in a Ti AAA battery tube for the Killer, so I've modeled three different looks and would like to hear which one, or two, you like best. I may do two versions, one definitely.

BTW, this AAA tube will work just fine with either the first generation Killer head, or the second gen, the head with the reversed polarity converter in it.

So, here are the three possible designs that I've come up with. First is Dimpled:

V1-Dimpled.jpg

Second, just Axial Lines Only:

V2-Axial.jpg

And, third, what I'm calling Perpendicular Grooves:

V3-Perpendicular.jpg

Appreciate your input! :D

84Maroon

Banned
#3 looks great, how about just a few misc added dimples to it? Perhaps just on the area at the tail, and the area just next to the head?

Last edited:

roga

Newly Enlightened
Hi Fred,
You made three wonderful designs.
I like the third one - "Perpendicular Grooves" the best.
IMHO it matches the head's design perfect.
Roland

GeorgeMaggos

Newly Enlightened
Hey Fred,

looking good & thanks for making it clear the AAA tube will work with either head :thumbsup:

Just looking at the three choices now I prefer the third, "Perpendicular Grooves" it looks like a continuation of the head :)

:goodjob:​

~George

Ironwood

Newly Enlightened
Hi Fred.
Any of three designs would work for me. However, my first choice would be "Dimples" followed by "Perpendicular Grooves." "With Dimples," I really like the circular-linear counterpoint. Very cool. Once you decide on the design, what's your production timing?
Richard

x923x

Newly Enlightened
I'm diggin' #3 but in all honesty I'd purchase any one of those designs. Excellent work as always!

Mark A.

Newly Enlightened
My preference is in the same order that they are presented, and I really don't care for # 3 much.

Cowley

Newly Enlightened
Can't go wrong with any of the designs, but I'll vote:

#3 first pick for my light #1.

#2 as an option for my light #2.

#3 as an option for my girlfriend's light.

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gee Fred, I think I like the third one as well;)

~Chip

I thought you might, Chip. :crackup::clap:

A little explanation for others: It was Chip that suggested the idea of gradually increased spacings between the grooves along the length of the AAA battery tube. I tried doing that, but the result was not that great, but the symmetrical, increased groove widths came out looking nice. So Chip gets half the credit, and as a result, probably more battery tube to anodize as well. :devil: