MAGLITE Internal parts (from what model is this part)

cdesigns

Newly Enlightened
I have 50 mini boards made by MAG INTRUMENTS, that says 2CELL and looks like the internal part of the switch for of the flashlights, have anyone seen this part inside one of the maglite flashlights?

Looks like the a spring attaches to the smaller size wich is the + side.
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/9490/maglargelr7.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Erasmus

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I remember correctly Newbie once made a thread on testing these. In the real Newbie style, testing everything that possibly can be tested :D

Gunner12

Flashaholic
I'll take one for free :p

They seem to be the circuits to the MagLED 2 cell drop-ins.

Here's Newbie's thread. I wonder if he still looks here every once in a while(Last Activity: 09-27-2007).

cdesigns

Newly Enlightened
I have a few cree leds and UV leds, how do I know wich lead is -/+ in and -/+ out on this board

Gunner12

Flashaholic
If you don't mind potentially destroying a few of those, you can hook up a LED and test for the + and - inputs and outputs.

I'm guessing the bottom contact is the + input and the larger contact on the board is the - contact. I'm guessing(looking at the circuit at the top of your picture) the top one is + and the bottom one is -. I am probably wrong but you can try.

This might actually be better in the Electronics section.

cdesigns

Newly Enlightened
If you don't mind potentially destroying a few of those, you can hook up a LED and test for the + and - inputs and outputs.

I'm guessing the bottom contact is the + input and the larger contact on the board is the - contact. I'm guessing(looking at the circuit at the top of your picture) the top one is + and the bottom one is -. I am probably wrong but you can try.

This might actually be better in the Electronics section.

I think I found wich is + and - , I will give it a try tonight

jmw19

Newly Enlightened
Interesting - I opened up a 2-cell module and used it with a Seoul P4 and Litemania heatsink. Brighter than stock, with much better heat transfer.

I never noticed the 3-letter groups on the board, though. Would you believe JMW is my initials? If I had noticed, you can bet I'd have made something of it.

Of course, I have no idea when my module was produced, so maybe they dropped the codes on later runs...

Waiting for a sale announcement:popcorn:

Best,
Jon

Latest posts