Sneak Peek at George's New Folders

george tichbourne

KNIFEMAKER
Gentlemen, thought you might be interested in a couple of the New folder patterns George is working on. Just a sneak peek at the new blade shapes. ;)

newfolderpatterncs5.jpg

These were just ground today, as the handle section starts to progress I'll do another scan. :)

Remember these are "hot" off the grinder .....................

Cheers, Carol :wave:

Last edited:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Never seen one, like the one on the bottom, sort of combo of tanto and stright.

I've seen something like it.... Would love to see that blade-shape in a custom knife. Puma quality ain't what she used to be. :sigh:

whhgf2.jpg

george tichbourne

KNIFEMAKER
I've seen something like it.... Would love to see that blade-shape in a custom knife. Puma quality ain't what she used to be. :sigh:

:whistle::whistle: All you have to do is ask ;) George could always make one up for you, not a copy of Puma but his own design with that blade style.

We really weren't sure when it was on paper but now that we have a blade ground up we're alot happier with the look of it. Now George just has to work on the other half of the folder :)

Cheers, Carol

Monocrom

Flashaholic
That blade-shape on a folder would definitely be interesting to see. :thumbsup:

george tichbourne

KNIFEMAKER
I have broken three taps off in one of the liners in the same hole in the last 24 hours, things have not been going well.

I did finish assembly but while putting the scales on I have had nothing but trouble tapping the 1/8" titanium liners. I might get a couple of hours tomorrow to finish the job once the ferric chloride eats the broken tap out of the liner.

The one liner that I did get complete with carbon fibre and titanium bolster looks great, can't wait to see this knife finished.

George

wvaltakis2

Enlightened
Just a heads up, I find Anchor lube to be the best for drilling and tapping titanium. It's a green slime that really works great, I've tapped 0-80 holes in stainless and Ti with no issues (except a little puckering when the tap twists up like a piece of licorice).

~Chip

george tichbourne

KNIFEMAKER
Anchor lube is great but in this case I am tapping a 1/8" thick liner with the hole drilled out 2 number sizes oversize and it is still binding. I have one tap left but Monday a brand new tapping attachment is coming in for my drill press along with some coated machine taps. That should solve the problem in the future but today I will try to get through the hole with my one remaining tap.

George