gap in G2 bezel

jcs71

Newly Enlightened
I am getting ready to order another Malkoff bulb for my G2. I have one in my 6PD already. I went to try my current malkoff in my G2 and noticed there was a gap of about 1/8". Is that normal? What could I use to seal that up? Would you suggest another drop in. I can't tolerate that gap in the bezel/body area. I was hoping to get one of his, Malkoff's, flood bulbs to put in it. Please let me know.:sigh:

Tekno_Cowboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
A neoprene washer from your local hardware store works well to fill the gap, and helps the water resistance. :thumbsup:
You'll probably have to cut the inside hole to fit.

jcs71

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the replies so far. I do have a G2Z bezel coming, I wanted a pyrex lens for it. My G2 is Olive Drab, my favorite color. Maybe I will luck out with the G2Z bezel and have no gap. Any more replies is definately welcome. Thanks.

Gene43

Enlightened
You should be able to tighten the G2 head to no gap on the M60. The metal battery tube inside the G2 is flared on the head end. The M60 will seat down inside this flare if you tighten the head. It may take a little extra effort to tighten it the first time.

Thanks, Gene

jcs71

Newly Enlightened
Well thanks to Gene, I was able to fix the problem. Boy do I feel stupid. When I was trying to put the bulb in I had the batteries in the light and didn't realize they were providing extra resistance, which is why I couldn't get the bulb and bezel on all the way. So he said try it with out the batteries, and guess what, it went in all the way very smoothly with no gap. Man do I feel stupid for having the batteries in it the first time I was trying it.

I want to thank everybody who responded for trying to help me out. It is nice to be able to come here and get help on a light when a person needs it. Thanks again.