Ultrafire WF-139 and 10180 HELP!

ruriimasu

Enlightened
Hi guys,
I have a 10180 battery that was run flat by a friend (it was my fault, i forgot to tell my friend about li-ion batts). I am trying to hopefully charge it up with an ultrafire wf-139. the red blinking LED has been on for 3hrs and still red, full charge will be green. will it be able to charge up at all?

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
You should never use the WF-139 to charge a 10180(although I have done it myself :banghead:)! When I did it fully charged in only a few minutes. 3 hrs! I hope you've pulled it off already!

ruriimasu

Enlightened
You should never use the WF-139 to charge a 10180(although I have done it myself :banghead:)! When I did it fully charged in only a few minutes. 3 hrs! I hope you've pulled it off already!

sh*t!.... its still in the charger after 5hrs! i took it out now, checked it with a voltmeter and it was 4.1V. But it still did not light up my light as it did. There is only like a white dot instead of its blinding light.. does that mean i should be getting a new battery or should i still try charging it till the LED turns green since the batt is more or less damages?

Tronic

Newly Enlightened
DO NOT USE THE WF-139 TO CHARGE A 10180!!!

The charge current of the WF-139 (450mA) is too high.
AW recommend in his battery Thread to use a 10-20mA coin cell charger to charge a 10180.

I would guess that your battery is death and you need a new one.

Last edited:

ruriimasu

Enlightened
DO NOT USE THE WF-139 TO CHARGE A 10180!!!

The charge current of the WF-139 (450mA) is too high.
AW recommend in his battery Thread to use a 10-20mA coin cell charger to charge a 10180.

I would guess that your battery is death and you need a new one.

i think it was already dead when my friend ran it flat. i tried to charge it with a nano-charger i got from rob of lummi but it didnt work. so i thought a 'boost' from the ultra-fire charger might revive it.. yeah i know.. :stupid: anyway i just wanted to have it light up while waiting for AW to send out the new replacement batts i ordered from him :candle: