Just bought my first E1e...

Till

Newly Enlightened
For $56.95 at one of the gun shops three counties over. I thought that was a pretty good deal since I've never seen it below the MSRP before.

Made a special trip over to this shop today that primarily does business with the local police departments.

I figured since they get a lot of business from law enforcement that they would have a good selection of flashlights.

Boy, was I right. They had a huge selection of primarily Surefire, Streamlight, and Inova. I was first gonna buy a SF M2 (for $130- also a good deal), but got this little light.

Anyway, what are your opinions on the E1e?

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Look for a KX1 or E1B replacement LED bezel. You get 2-stages of light (high & low) and higher output, and longer runtime.

Till

Newly Enlightened
Look for a KX1 or E1B replacement LED bezel. You get 2-stages of light (high & low) and higher output, and longer runtime.

I want it to remain incandescent.

Could I use the MN03 lamp in the E1e? Could I get 60 lumens (although I assume a shortened runtime) from this one-battery light?

Beastmaster

Enlightened
Lumens Factory EO-E1R. Using rechargeable batteries, you get 90 Lumens.

In my homebrew lightbox, the amount coming out in Lux equals a KL4 with a 1x123 body (A TW4, if you will) and Lux at 1m equals a SureFire KL5 head with my two light meters.

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
I want it to remain incandescent.

Could I use the MN03 lamp in the E1e? Could I get 60 lumens (although I assume a shortened runtime) from this one-battery light?
This is by far your best option: the Lumens Factory EO-E1R lamp assembly + one AW RCR123 Li-Ion rechargeable battery. Obs: cheaper RCR batteries will not fire this lamp.

Battery:
http://www.lighthound.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1155&HS=1

Lamp assembly:
http://www.lighthound.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=2835

Charger:
http://www.lighthound.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=2515&HS=1

More incandescent lamp assembly options for the SureFire E1E/E2E family:

http://www.lumensfactory.com/products.php?cat_id=5
:wave:

Last edited:

generic808

Enlightened
The E1e is great! The build quality is superb and your modding options are limitless. I'd start with an LED head as stated above. I'd recommend the E1B head because of the dual-output of 80lm and 5lm. Not to mention the high coming on first. Welcome to the world of Surefire's. This is only the beginning so brace yourself :devil:

generic808

Enlightened
Or if you want the E1L head, 3lm 60lm low first, Tung is selling them HERE at a great price! Along with the E1B head mentioned earlier.

DM51

Flashaholic
The options suggested above are all good ones, but don't forget the one option that hasn't been mentioned: leave it exactly as it is. It's a great little light left in stock configuration.

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
leave it exactly as it is.

DM51
...What??? Unheard of!!! hahaha...:crackup:

Generic808 & Illum_the_Nation...I appreciate you guys pointing out that I have some nice parts for sale! But I don't want to get in trouble with people "advertising" for me in CPF, so let's keep it on the down low. I'm sure everyone will eventually find out what a great seller I am and how wonderful my prices are! They can look for themselves in the Dealer's Corner in the MarketPlace. :devil: :party: :wave: :thumbsup:

DM51

Flashaholic
LOL - I thought I might get into trouble for suggesting the almost heretical idea of NOT modding a light.

ttran97, It is good to see you are now an Authorised Dealer in the MarketPlace.

generic808

Enlightened
OR......How 'bout buying an E2E/ ED2L/ E2L/ E2D body and you can use 2-cell E-series bulbs from SF and Lumens Factory also as well as other 2-cell E-series Bezels.

You already have the head and tailcap....

And while you're at it, pick up an M6, M4 M3T, M2, C3, C2, 9P, 6P, 3P, Z2, G3, G2, G2Z and the list goes on! Well, if not now, I'm sure down the line you will be adding some/all of these lights to your collection. It's a given, trust me :devil:

thermal guy

Flashaholic
I'm using a e to c adapter a M2 head and a malkoff p60 235LM drop-in.In a word WOW!

Last edited: