BlackShadow
Page 34 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2427282930313233343536373839404144 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1810

Thread: !!POST YOUR SUREFIRE COLLECTION!! II

  1. #991
    Flashaholic erehwyrevekool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    170

    Default Re: !!POST YOUR SUREFIRE COLLECTION!! II

    @ sbebenelli
    Is your Saint Minimus the last version?

  2. #992
    Flashaholic* sbebenelli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    501

    Default Re: !!POST YOUR SUREFIRE COLLECTION!! II

    Quote Originally Posted by erehwyrevekool View Post
    @ sbebenelli
    Is your Saint Minimus the last version?
    I think it is. I haven't kept up with the evaluation of the Saint Minimus though so I don't know for sure.

  3. #993
    Flashaholic* angelofwar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    3,339

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sbebenelli View Post
    I think it is. I haven't kept up with the evaluation of the Saint Minimus though so I don't know for sure.
    Yes. The 1st minimus had the new fluted design, ala LX2. This was very unpopular so they went with the tried and true knurling.

  4. #994
    Flashaholic* Meganoggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    855

    Default Re: !!POST YOUR SUREFIRE COLLECTION!! II

    amateurs practice ‘till they can get it right – professionals practice ‘till they can’t get it wrong

  5. #995
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    1,164

    Default Re: !!POST YOUR SUREFIRE COLLECTION!! II

    They looks like brother!
    6P-GMG and E2e-SG
    The colour is very match

  6. #996
    Flashaholic* sween1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    996

    Default Re: !!POST YOUR SUREFIRE COLLECTION!! II

    Quote Originally Posted by ebow86 View Post
    I love the Z3, now you just need to get a KT2. And the E2E, did the tailcap and bezel come mismatched from the factory like that?
    Ah, my beloved Z3. A turbohead would be sweet, but with all the D26 drop-ins today, there doesn't seem to be any appreciable performance gain from going to a turbohead and running a tower module. An SRTH would be HOT BUTTERY goodness!!! If only I could score one without refinancing my house. I'd probably want a Malkoff M91 before I went turbo, but the Lumens Factory module I have in there is insanely bright as it is.

    RE: E2e. Yup! Sealed in the package that way! The body was almost black and the tailcap and bezel were pretty light.
    Last edited by sween1911; 08-05-2011 at 08:54 PM.
    Dean Venture: "I'll get the flashlights!"
    Hank Venture: "And I'll get the astronaut Ice Cream!"

  7. #997
    Flashaholic* ebow86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,297

    Default Re: !!POST YOUR SUREFIRE COLLECTION!! II

    Looking at all the pictures in this wonderful thread makes me wonder. How much of a light actually has to be surefire parts to make it a surefire? I mean, the title of this thread is "Post your surefire collection" yet I see an overwelming amount of lights pictured that are not surefire's, almost the entire light is something else but may contain a surefire bezel or perhaps a surefire tailcap, yet it is still posted in this thread. Example, a solarforce body and tailcap with a surefire bezel does not really belong in this thread in my opinion, yet we see alot of that.
    My Lights Here

  8. #998
    Administrator Size15's's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Kettering, England
    Posts
    18,408

    Default Re: !!POST YOUR SUREFIRE COLLECTION!! II

    I'm sure we've said before in this thread that we'd prefer to keep it SureFire only. There's plenty of other opportunities to show off aftermarket variations after all.

  9. #999
    Flashaholic* DimeRazorback's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,992

    Default Re: !!POST YOUR SUREFIRE COLLECTION!! II

    The infamous MAGNUMTLIGHT!

    One is now mine!

    Brand new!











    ^^Click for my beamshots!!^^ My Flashlights

  10. #1000
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    1,164

    Default Re: !!POST YOUR SUREFIRE COLLECTION!! II

    Quote Originally Posted by Size15's View Post
    I'm sure we've said before in this thread that we'd prefer to keep it SureFire only. There's plenty of other opportunities to show off aftermarket variations after all.
    Ship of Theseus?

  11. #1001
    Flashaholic* Chauncey Gardiner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Pacific N.W.
    Posts
    1,637

    Default Re: !!POST YOUR SUREFIRE COLLECTION!! II

    Caption for photo below: Two is one, and one is mine.



    Beautiful light DimeRazorback! Looks like the anodizing matches perfectly.

    ~ Chance
    Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate!

  12. #1002
    Flashaholic* DimeRazorback's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,992

    Default Re: !!POST YOUR SUREFIRE COLLECTION!! II

    Thanks mate!

    I now have four smooth bezel M6's (and one current gen as well )



    So excited about this one though! Been wanting a MAGNUMTLIGHT since I found out about them!

    ^^Click for my beamshots!!^^ My Flashlights

  13. #1003
    Flashaholic* ebow86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,297

    Default Re: !!POST YOUR SUREFIRE COLLECTION!! II

    Quote Originally Posted by DimeRazorback View Post
    Thanks mate!

    I now have four smooth bezel M6's (and one current gen as well )



    So excited about this one though! Been wanting a MAGNUMTLIGHT since I found out about them!
    Come on DRB, watcha need 5 M6's for? Hell, I'm trying to score just one in the WTT over on the marketplace.
    My Lights Here

  14. #1004
    Flashaholic* DimeRazorback's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,992

    Default Re: !!POST YOUR SUREFIRE COLLECTION!! II

    Quote Originally Posted by ebow86 View Post
    Come on DRB, watcha need 5 M6's for? Hell, I'm trying to score just one in the WTT over on the marketplace.
    I don't need five

    But want is another story all together!

    ^^Click for my beamshots!!^^ My Flashlights

  15. #1005

    Naughty Re: !!POST YOUR SUREFIRE COLLECTION!! II

    Quote Originally Posted by DaFABRICATA View Post
    Part II already?

    Heres an updated pic:
    Updated 7-17-08
    Some of the collection....

    Note: There are a few "Customs" in there.
    It is a feast for my eyes.
    you are surefire flashaddict.
    yes?

  16. #1006

    Default Re: !!POST YOUR SUREFIRE COLLECTION!! II

    Here's my latest E1es'.


  17. #1007
    Flashaholic
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    388

    Default Re: !!POST YOUR SUREFIRE COLLECTION!! II

    Nice E1e collection. I am really getting into these as well recently. Great little lights (especially with 18350 cells ).

    What tailcap are the two in the middle, I am assuming they are the older twisties?

    Cheers,
    Nova

  18. #1008
    Administrator Size15's's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Kettering, England
    Posts
    18,408

    Default Re: !!POST YOUR SUREFIRE COLLECTION!! II

    Z61 (BK) E-Series Clickie TailCap
    Z52 (HA) E-Series push-button pressure switch LOTC
    Z53 (GM/SG) E-Series push-button pressure switch LOTC
    E2D/E2DL crenelated version of the Z68 shrouded E-Series Clickie TailCap [it has no Z-number]
    Z57 (HA) E-Series Clickie TailCap

  19. #1009

    Default Re: !!POST YOUR SUREFIRE COLLECTION!! II

    Quote Originally Posted by ^^Nova^^ View Post
    Nice E1e collection. I am really getting into these as well recently. Great little lights (especially with 18350 cells ).

    What tailcap are the two in the middle, I am assuming they are the older twisties?

    Cheers,
    Nova
    Hi Nova,

    Yup they were the old twisties but I've upgraded them to McClickies. Pretty straight forward.

    Here's the DIY upgrade I did.

    Cheers,
    LJ

  20. #1010

    Default Re: !!POST YOUR SUREFIRE COLLECTION!! II

    Quote Originally Posted by Size15's View Post
    Z61 (BK) E-Series Clickie TailCap
    Z52 (HA) E-Series push-button pressure switch LOTC
    Z53 (GM/SG) E-Series push-button pressure switch LOTC
    E2D/E2DL crenelated version of the Z68 shrouded E-Series Clickie TailCap [it has no Z-number]
    Z57 (HA) E-Series Clickie TailCap

    Thanks for listing them out Size15's.

    Nice little lights.

  21. #1011
    *Flashaholic* Monocrom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    13,980

    Default Re: !!POST YOUR SUREFIRE COLLECTION!! II

    Those old Z52 tailcaps are like little jewels.

    I ended up with a Z52 and a Z53 by accident on two deals with other CPFers.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

  22. #1012
    Flashaholic
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    388

    Default Re: !!POST YOUR SUREFIRE COLLECTION!! II

    Cool. I had heard that the McClicky was a straight screw in replacement for E-series tailcaps. Now it seems I need to look for some older twisties to upgrade to McClicky switches. I assume the newer SF clickies (Z57/Z61) are different internally and not a straight swap?

    Cheers,
    Nova

  23. #1013
    *Flashaholic* Monocrom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    13,980

    Default Re: !!POST YOUR SUREFIRE COLLECTION!! II

    Quote Originally Posted by ^^Nova^^ View Post
    Cool. I had heard that the McClicky was a straight screw in replacement for E-series tailcaps. Now it seems I need to look for some older twisties to upgrade to McClicky switches. I assume the newer SF clickies (Z57/Z61) are different internally and not a straight swap?

    Cheers,
    Nova


    Really confused here. Do you mean you want to take those ever-growing-rarer-by-the-day old E-series Z52 or Z53 tailcaps and "upgrade" them to McClicky switches? That's like finding a vintage Rolex from World War One, and then "upgrading" it with a digital display.

    That's a horrifying thought. Don't get me wrong, I own a McClicky tailcap switch. It sits on one of my E2E models. Works well. But with those old E-series Z52 and Z53 tailcaps you have something that is ideal for modding an E-series light into a true pocket-rocket. My Z53 is on a Milky Room sweeper that is pumping out 800 lumens on a freshly charged 17670 cell. I would not want a clicky tailcap of any kind on a light that powerful. I'd much prefer something absolutely bomb-proof. (Such as a momentary tailcap switch.) SureFire doesn't make those anymore for their E-series lights.

    It's like tracking down a 1969 Chevy Camaro that is absolutely mint! And then swapping out the engine for a little 4-cylinder one in order to get great fuel economy.

    So wrong on so many levels.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

  24. #1014
    Flashaholic* DimeRazorback's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,992

    Default Re: !!POST YOUR SUREFIRE COLLECTION!! II

    Quote Originally Posted by Monocrom View Post


    Really confused here. Do you mean you want to take those ever-growing-rarer-by-the-day old E-series Z52 or Z53 tailcaps and "upgrade" them to McClicky switches? That's like finding a vintage Rolex from World War One, and then "upgrading" it with a digital display.

    That's a horrifying thought. Don't get me wrong, I own a McClicky tailcap switch. It sits on one of my E2E models. Works well. But with those old E-series Z52 and Z53 tailcaps you have something that is ideal for modding an E-series light into a true pocket-rocket. My Z53 is on a Milky Room sweeper that is pumping out 800 lumens on a freshly charged 17670 cell. I would not want a clicky tailcap of any kind on a light that powerful. I'd much prefer something absolutely bomb-proof. (Such as a momentary tailcap switch.) SureFire doesn't make those anymore for their E-series lights.

    It's like tracking down a 1969 Chevy Camaro that is absolutely mint! And then swapping out the engine for a little 4-cylinder one in order to get great fuel economy.

    So wrong on so many levels.
    I had similar thoughts when I read they were modified, so I quickly closed the thread

    ^^Click for my beamshots!!^^ My Flashlights

  25. #1015
    Enlightened lapd.erik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    38

    Default

    I need to stop giving away my surefires to family and friends and start collecting them instead!!!

  26. #1016
    *Flashaholic* Monocrom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    13,980

    Default Re: !!POST YOUR SUREFIRE COLLECTION!! II

    Quote Originally Posted by DimeRazorback View Post
    I had similar thoughts when I read they were modified, so I quickly closed the thread
    LOL

    At least someone understands the Rolex reference.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

  27. #1017

    Default Re: !!POST YOUR SUREFIRE COLLECTION!! II

    Well, I do keep the old twisties innards in case I want to swap it back. I know they are rare but just want to have a little fun swapping to McClickies.

    They are my collector's items thus will not get any use.

  28. #1018
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    1,164

    Default Re: !!POST YOUR SUREFIRE COLLECTION!! II

    Quote Originally Posted by Monocrom View Post


    Really confused here. Do you mean you want to take those ever-growing-rarer-by-the-day old E-series Z52 or Z53 tailcaps and "upgrade" them to McClicky switches? That's like finding a vintage Rolex from World War One, and then "upgrading" it with a digital display.

    That's a horrifying thought. Don't get me wrong, I own a McClicky tailcap switch. It sits on one of my E2E models. Works well. But with those old E-series Z52 and Z53 tailcaps you have something that is ideal for modding an E-series light into a true pocket-rocket. My Z53 is on a Milky Room sweeper that is pumping out 800 lumens on a freshly charged 17670 cell. I would not want a clicky tailcap of any kind on a light that powerful. I'd much prefer something absolutely bomb-proof. (Such as a momentary tailcap switch.) SureFire doesn't make those anymore for their E-series lights.

    It's like tracking down a 1969 Chevy Camaro that is absolutely mint! And then swapping out the engine for a little 4-cylinder one in order to get great fuel economy.

    So wrong on so many levels.

    Interesting E2e, any specs? hotspot size?

  29. #1019
    Enlightened
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    TAIWAN (R.O.C)
    Posts
    48

    Default Re: !!POST YOUR SUREFIRE COLLECTION!! II

    My Surefire L6 Porcupine.









    Last edited by teach9213; 09-28-2011 at 12:28 AM.

  30. #1020
    *Flashaholic* Monocrom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    13,980

    Default Re: !!POST YOUR SUREFIRE COLLECTION!! II

    Quote Originally Posted by jh333233 View Post
    Interesting E2e, any specs? hotspot size?
    Sorry for the late reply. Just saw your question.

    No hotspot at all. As for specs. and all the rest of the good stuff, check out the link below:

    http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...y-Room-Sweeper

    Mine is an older E2E. Satin Gunmetal with tear-drop bezel. Hogo's is more pragmatic in looks.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

Page 34 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2427282930313233343536373839404144 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •