New Mag

hubbytuby

Newly Enlightened
I have a 4cell and maybe want to buy a 6 cell. I want to build i really bright light, but dont have the knowledge to do lots of custom electrical work. I saw this and it inspired me to want to build something. Does anyone else have any other suggestions, maybe something brighter?

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/202014

StarHalo

Flashaholic
You have a couple of different options depending on how much you're ready to spend:

$73 can buy you ~550 lumens; the TerraLUX TLE-300M drop-in fits *into the Mag you already have* and turns it instantly into an LED hotwire, as bright as a car headlight. No technical ability needed, you remove the stock Mag bulb and reflector, screw in the drop-in, done. I own one of these which I've put into a 2D Mag, and it's remarkable at 9 volts. It's no P7, but it's not as expensive, either. See it here: http://www.batteryjunction.com/tle-300.html

Or

$140 can buy you ~900 lumens; Elektrolumens P7 Modified Mags are fully assembled and ready to go, just add batteries. It's a quality turnkey light from a reknown builder, but the price means it's not for everybody. Comes in a few different size options to meet your needs: http://www.king-cart.com/cgi-bin/ca...ser-id=&password=&exchange=&exact_match=exact

Meltdown

Enlightened
using a 3D M*G I got into an ashperical using parts from Kai domain for cheapo and it's a real head turner.

however I think we are getting into the wrong technology for the incandescent forum.

a hem....cough....

what about an ROP? isn't that supposed to be the easiest of the true "hotwires"?

mdocod

Flashaholic
Warning, the following response is intended to be funny and should not be taken seriously at all

CandlePowerForums - Flashlights - Incandescent Flashlights

1. a link to a LED mod,
2. an LED mod suggestion
3. a complete LED light suggestion
4. another LED option mentioned

LOL...

I'm going to go over and try plugging some incan suggestions into the LED section of the forum real quick, this should be funny... come join me, it'll be fun!

-------------------------------------------------------

On a more serious note, the ROP is the easiest place to start with incandescent modifications. Pick up that 6D mag you had in mind, install 6 D size NIMH cells (I recommend the accupower brand low-self-discharge cells), install an aluminum reflector, glass lens, and buy a set of Pelican "Big D" SLA bulbs. With the 4D mag, you can also do a ROP mod, but will need to use less common size cells and a plastic pipe as a spacer to keep them steady within the mag body. Both the 4D and 6D can be used as hosts for much more serious modifications, requiring modifications to the mag switch, or complete switch replacement, in conjunction with battery adapters and NIMH cells, or li-ion cells of various types (D size, or ~26670)...

do some searches on information about the mag623 mod, I think a 4D host could be used with 12 high current AA cells pretty well :)

Eric

Gunner12

Flashaholic
This thread might be helpful.

You did link to a LED mod in an Incan section.

Seeing as this is the Incan section, you might want to look at Hotwire mods, the ROP would be a good choice and brighter then the Seoul P7 mod.