Joined the ranks of Microlight owners.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Got a green one. For the moment it is hooked to my key ring.

This may not last, as I have 13 keys on a 1 and 5/8ths ring... quite a wad of keys!

It is plenty bright. However it is blotchy, somewhat darker in the middle. I gotta get out to Frys again and find one of those Hinrose 10 candela green LEDs... before I slaughtered mine, it was quite nice with 3 N cells. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

This will probably end up in my truck./ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
The green ones are blotchy. Pretty much all the colored ones I have are ringy/blotchy, but I saw the same thing with the Photons...

I have a red one in my pocket right now. The white ones are very nice if you're concerned about the beam quality.

IMHO, the rings and blotches don't have much effect in practical use. Most folks don't look at the beam itself, they look at whatever they're pointing the light at.

Sorridsky

Newly Enlightened
I have a white one,
Its OK, i hate the purple "target" LED's have in the middle.
Also it runs down batterys fast.
I've been through 2 sets in a 3 weeks, and I really dont use it that much, maybe a few minutes a day.

shrap

Enlightened
The Photons are great as a keychain light for intermittant use, nearly invisible among the rest of the clutter.

I have one white one, gave one white one away, lost a red one, have an orange one on my keys.

The white one that I have is pathetically dim, but I'm too lazy and cheap to get batteries for it. My Arcs are better for white light. But I'd like another red one, perhaps a yellow one, then a green one...

Bushman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Be micro light that I have is now UV. It used to be red.
The good thing about the Micro lights are that you can replace the LED's fairly easily.

Gene

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've carried a white LED Photon II on my key ring, (I also have a TON of keys!), for about three years now. They're not all that bright but they work well for what they're intended for. They are very bright initially but the beam intensity drops in brightness after a short while. I use it intermittently and it's still going on it's original lithium button cells! It's been a durable sucker and the beam still works well especially in darkness.