• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Wanted: In light charging system for ROP / 85

Beer

Enlightened
Hi guys,

Just wanting to know if anybody has the ability to mod an existing ROP or Mag 85 so that they may be charged with the cells still in the light (ala mag charger).

I saw awhile back someone (I think it was FIVEMEGA) offering modded mags with a charger plug built into the body. That's kind of what I'm looking for, just a female charging socket either on the tail cap or body that I can plug a smart charger into.

Thanks!!

Northern Lights

Flashlight Enthusiast
Missionaryman ask me to do a tutorial, been to ill too get to that. Maybe this will help. I set the jack, being right handed, to the left 1/6 off the center so picking it up with the right hand plugged in does not tangle with the wire. I now use only de-slolder braid in the compartment now. I cut off the jack's tabs and after connection the positive I cover it with shrink too. Jack are power jacks, the space in side the compartment is 11 mm minimum from back of switch. You got to wiggle the jack into the hole when assembling. I have done quite a few lights this way, and now am giving up on Mag Chargers except when I want a refelctor with throw as this system works so well. I usually use a BC-6 charger with it but smart chargers dedicated to the system are fine. I isolate the ground of the tail cap and put in fuses there; both a spring mod and a rubber bumper tailcap mod are shown and research my posts to find how to make them. It is nice to have fuse protection as jacks can be shorted.
two ways I do it:
4c64430ux5.jpg

1c61chargar1.jpg

3c57614aq7.jpg

Last edited: