Replacement Batteries for Tigerlight . . . ??

ralphtt

Newly Enlightened
I bought a Tigerlight some 3-4 years ago and have seldom used it. Tried it a few days ago and it needed charging. After 24 hours on the charger, it is not nearly as bright as I remember. Must need new batteries.

Where can I obtain new batteries for my Tigerlight? It is the 'short' model without the pepper spray.

Any help will be much appreciated.

regards . . .

Last edited:

jeffb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi ralptt,

Can be purchased directly from Tigerlight
click here

I have two, like yours (keep one in my vehicle)....great lights!

jeffb

ralphtt

Newly Enlightened
Thanks, Jeff. Appreciate the reply.

Pricey devils, aren't they? Have you actually changed the batteries? . . . how much trouble is it to make the change?

Just wondering 'cause I don't see any obvious way to get into the battery compartment and have long ago mislaid any instructions that may have come with the Tigerlight.

bagman

Enlightened
Thanks, Jeff. Appreciate the reply.

Pricey devils, aren't they? Have you actually changed the batteries? . . . how much trouble is it to make the change?

Just wondering 'cause I don't see any obvious way to get into the battery compartment and have long ago mislaid any instructions that may have come with the Tigerlight.

I changed the battery on mine a year or so ago, you need to carefully take out the lamp assembly then very carefully detatch it from the wires connecting it to the battery pack (bi-pin just pull gently) out with the rubber shock absorber and then tip the battery pack out and just the reverse for the new one.

ralphtt

Newly Enlightened
Thanks, bagman, for the help. I just checked the battery price again and with shipping, the total will be almost $87. I dunno' if the Tigerlight is worth that to me. I have a few Surefires around the house along with a couple boxes of batteries and a Maglight or two. Hard to justify an $87 battery for a light that is seldom used . . .

Anyone out there need a Tigerlight with an almost dead battery along with the charger for parts of whatever . . . ??

ralphtt

Newly Enlightened
Well . . . I reconsidered and ordered a new battery for my old Tigerlight . . .

Now, gotta' remove the old battery and install the new one.

Anyone have a link giving detailed instructions for this installation. I sure would hate to create a problem doing this installation . . .

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well . . . I reconsidered and ordered a new battery for my old Tigerlight . . .

Now, gotta' remove the old battery and install the new one.

Anyone have a link giving detailed instructions for this installation. I sure would hate to create a problem doing this installation . . .
I was in the same boat earlier this year. The Tigerlight FBOP (short version) I had bought around 4 years ago barely put out as much light as a MiniMag light. I tried another lamp assembly, same output, so I knew it had to be the battery. I was also turned off by the high price of the Tigerlight batteries, as I only paid around $90-100 for the light IIRC. I too ended up ordering the battery pack from Tigerlight, and althought the price hurt, I'm happy to have a functioning Tigerlight again, and this time I'll ba bit more careful with charging the battery (old style "dumb" charger), and hopefully this battery will last at least 3-4 years.

Swapping out the battery is very easy. You unscrew the bezel ring at the top by the lense. Remove the ring and the lense, then carefully pull the lamp assembly out, along with the rubber shock insulator. Lightly tap/shake the light and the battery pack should start to slide out. There are wires coming from the switch down by the tailcap, one set for the lamp assembly, the other for the battery, which connects with a 9V battery type connector. Unsnap the old battery, connect the new one, assembly is the reverse, and you're good to go.

ralphtt

Newly Enlightened
Neon . . .
I bought my Tigerlight in January 2003. Cost including shipping was $90. Made me think twice about spending almost that amount for a replacement battery, but I bit the bullet and went ahead with the purchase. After installing and charging the battery I find the Tigerlight is again a very potent flashlight and I'm glad I've got it working again.

Not that I really need it, but it meshes quite nicely with a AAA Fenix and a AA Nitecore I recently added to the collection.

Who ever said flashlights were an inexpensive hobby . . . ?? :)