PEAK

Thread: Found: Photons International CR2 ION

Default Found: Photons International CR2 ION

FOUND. Thanks Russ!

I saw an early CR2 ION for the first time, and I really like it!

If you have an older two-stage CREE model that you would like to sell, please let me know. Any condition is OK, especially user grade if it is a good deal! PM me with your asking price.

Thanks for looking.
    Last edited by datiLED; 07-24-2008 at 10:33 PM. Reason: Found
    Until further notice, I am not accepting new mod requests.

Default Re: WTB: Photons International CR2 ION

Wish I had an extra one to sell you. While I own and like the new version for distance, you can't beat the original for a nice, subdued, floody beam which serves my tired old eyes the best for reading menus in dark restaurants, maps in a dark car and programs in dark theaters... no light comes close. I'm sure some member will come up with one for you... best of luck.

Flashaholic*

My lights to date have always used Cree LEDs in some form or another; the CR2 Ion was the first light to ever use a Cree XLamp within a flashlight, and was equipped with the XL7090 from them. I'm not sure where the misconception has come from in recent times about the light using a Nichia, you're not the first person to suggest that. Their power LEDs have not been particularly impressive, so I've avoided them.

Just FYI.

-Enrique

Quote Originally Posted by Endeavour View Post
    My lights to date have always used Cree LEDs in some form or another; the CR2 Ion was the first light to ever use a Cree XLamp within a flashlight, and was equipped with the XL7090 from them. I'm not sure where the misconception has come from in recent times about the light using a Nichia, you're not the first person to suggest that. Their power LEDs have not been particularly impressive, so I've avoided them.

Just FYI.

-Enrique
    Enrique,

Thank you for the information! I thought that the LED looked similar to a CREE LED, but the opaque dome and square "ring" made me think that it was a Nichia. It is always good to hear from the man himself.
    Until further notice, I am not accepting new mod requests.