• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Found: Photons International CR2 ION

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
FOUND. Thanks Russ!

I saw an early CR2 ION for the first time, and I really like it!

If you have an older two-stage CREE model that you would like to sell, please let me know. Any condition is OK, especially user grade if it is a good deal! PM me with your asking price.

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:

Gointothelight

Newly Enlightened
Re: WTB: Photons International CR2 ION

Wish I had an extra one to sell you. While I own and like the new version for distance, you can't beat the original for a nice, subdued, floody beam which serves my tired old eyes the best for reading menus in dark restaurants, maps in a dark car and programs in dark theaters... no light comes close. I'm sure some member will come up with one for you... best of luck.

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast

My lights to date have always used Cree LEDs in some form or another; the CR2 Ion was the first light to ever use a Cree XLamp within a flashlight, and was equipped with the XL7090 from them. I'm not sure where the misconception has come from in recent times about the light using a Nichia, you're not the first person to suggest that. :thinking: Their power LEDs have not been particularly impressive, so I've avoided them.

Just FYI. :)

-Enrique

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast

My lights to date have always used Cree LEDs in some form or another; the CR2 Ion was the first light to ever use a Cree XLamp within a flashlight, and was equipped with the XL7090 from them. I'm not sure where the misconception has come from in recent times about the light using a Nichia, you're not the first person to suggest that. :thinking: Their power LEDs have not been particularly impressive, so I've avoided them.

Just FYI. :)

-Enrique

Enrique,

Thank you for the information! I thought that the LED looked similar to a CREE LED, but the opaque dome and square "ring" made me think that it was a Nichia. It is always good to hear from the man himself. :thumbsup: