question on SF L1 runtime

Tique

Newly Enlightened
I noticed a bit of a descrepency between my SF catalog and their website when looking at the runtime on this little guy. The website says it has 5 hours on full power mode, yet the catalog I picked up at SHOT says more like 1.5-2.5+ hours depending on what part of the catalog I look at.

Does anyone have some actual numbers from one of these? I'd be a lot more impressed if it lived up to the 5 hours runtime than the lower times(obviously).

I'm looking at a few new lights to buy to add into my EDC rotation, and this is a very promising looking one, but I'd like to have an actual idea of what I'm gonna get runtime wise.

beezaur

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Size15s said:
There is no way the L1 main beam will last 5 hours.

Al

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not?

Scott

revolvergeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone know if the runtime on the different colored L1s is significantly different from the white?

What about lumen ratings for the different colors?

Mister T

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
beezaur said:
Why not?
Scott

[/ QUOTE ]
Because it is not possible with one 123 cell. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif It could be longer than 1.5 hours with a higher efficiency of the circuit...

Brock

Flashaholic
Pat beat me to it, in my test the white runs almost exactly 90 min before falling out of regulation. That was with SF 123's. With the Sanyos it fall out of regulation about 80 min.