Surefire M5

Team Member

Enlightened
Surefire have had their Millenium series for awhile now and we all know the names and numbers of them.
M1
M2
M3
M3T
M4
and M6

But what happend with M5? Was there never any suitable light that could have filled up that space? Or...

And if there wheren`t any, what would you have liked to see as the M5?
...and now we are talking incans...

Illum

Flashaholic
:thinking:....:sigh:...:crazy:...:grin2:...:D... :ohgeez:
Thats interesting, I haven't thought much of it...seeing that there was almost an M2D:candle:
hm...yes...:drool:...:naughty:...:twothumbs

thats a good question...:popcorn:

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
Adding a CR123A extender to M4 will make it M5 which is unbalance in weight and not practical for tactical use. However, I have done that and works perfectly with WA1166

generic808

Enlightened
Like FM, I add a Detonator and dummy to my M4 at times. So I guess you could call it an M5 :nana:

FM, I just received your PM. Please start up that pre-sale because I'm sure you'll get more than enough interest for another run on the holders :twothumbs

Last edited:

ugrey

Enlightened
I want to know where the M8 is. I want an 8 battery M series light that puts out 700 lumens. How about a spacer for the M6 and a different battery carrier and bulb? Come on PK, use some of that magic dust.

generic808

Enlightened
No M8 here but I do have the newly released M7 pictured next to an E1L! :crackup:

IMG_2944a.jpg

generic808

Enlightened
Yeah, I had this on my baby Glock 26 but it was a bit front heavy :shrug: I guess it'll go onto the Mossberg 590 :eek:

:nana:

Tempest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
SureFire's numbering is something of a mystery...M1, M2, M3, M4, M6...but then L1, L2, L4, L6.

:confused:

Logic got lost somewhere along the way.

Regards,
Tempest

Size15's

Flashaholic
SureFire's numbering is something of a mystery...M1, M2, M3, M4, M6...but then L1, L2, L4, L6.
Logic got lost somewhere along the way.
I did make my feelings known to PK and others in SureFire when I found out about the L4/L5/L6/L7 naming.
SureFire appears to have got themselves back on track since then even if the models are now more complicated with additional letters being added - E2DL, G2ZL, 6PDL but they are quite straight fowardd once you know what each letter means

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dang! The title on this thread got me so excited, I thought SureFire was releasing a brand new incan light..

Please, don't do this again...