FiveMega 2D-6AA adaptor help!

FenglerF1

Newly Enlightened
My FiveMega 2D-6AA adaptor is somehow short circuiting. I am no rocket scientist but I am sure that I am putting the batteries in the correct positions. When I go to put the top metal screw down piece on I see sparks. :confused:

I don't know if this is the right place to post this but I am really confused as to why this is happening.

Carpenter

Enlightened
Is this an older or new holder? On the newer holder, the battery charging jack is molded right to the negative end of the holder.

If not, try removing the charging jack to see is you still see sparks. The battery holder is very hard to break as everything is solid-state. Double and triple check your battery orientation. Also have you tried with other cells?

FenglerF1

Newly Enlightened
I have tried 3 different sets of eneloop batteries and all of them experience the same problem. Negative goes to N and Positive goes to P right :poke: I will post a picture here soon. It is the newer model with the plug in the bottom, bought it less than 6 months ago iirc.

I hope this is me just doing something very dumb.:ohgeez:

Illum

Flashaholic
this would be the second case of this happening
heres the first, with pics and in-depth explanation https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/201286
:ohgeez:
the hex nut thats keeping the plastic end snug to the center rod is loose and its shorting the positive end piece that connects to the adapter jack to the negative contact on the outside.

the only way you can fix it yourself would be to loosen up the three Allan wrench bolts towards the charging end and tighten the hex nut back in:shakehead

I've taken apart both my 9AA and 6AA holders and they are snug, I'm not sure if its just a bad batch or...:thinking:

Last edited:

FenglerF1

Newly Enlightened
3cda9f99.jpg

The Spark
8114fc25.jpg

FenglerF1

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the link, hopefully I can figure it out once I get back home. If I were to use some blue loctite on the nut and get it fully tightened would that work or should I try and find a nylon nut?

Edit: Fixed it this morning. I used some loctite and hand tightened the nut, this should be a permanent fix. :twothumbs

Last edited: