• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

GDuP seoul P4 Natural White.

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
A few made it out into the Shoppe inventory.

The Seoul P4 natural white is a high CRI LED versus the standard Cree XRE and Regular Seoul P4 LED used in many lights.

A few beamshots comparisons.

All shots were taken with manual exposure and the light source was moved until the camera built in exposure said it was at zero.

For reference here is the scene with the built in camera flash.
t_flash_baseline.jpg

Standard Cree XRE GDuP LE in a mule head.
t_cree_baseline.jpg

Seoul P4 Natural White GDuP in a mule head.
t_seoulnw_baseline.jpg

Nichia 083 in a mule head.
t_nichia083_baseline.jpg

I don't want to doctor up any pictures in photoshop even though the pictures are underexposed. I would brighten these up, but, that could alter the reality of the images.

I've been playing with the 083 and the Seoul P4 and I from my personal experience is that both render flesh better than the standard yellow phosphor over blue die.

The regular LED when I shine it on my arm makes my arm look pale if not almost dead like. Both the Nichia 083 and the Seoul P4 natural white make the flesh realistic and it's very noticeable.

There are still a few GDuP natural whites available here.

Wayne

TexLite

Enlightened
Hi Wayne,

I've had the opportunity to try some of these as well,and like you said,skin tones look much more natural,no pun intended.

The site says these are "U" bin.Is that correct?If so you have some really nice emitters,the highest bin I've been able to find are S2,in SRO.Of course,I dont have the connections in the business you do.

Any chance you you might offer some of the bare emitters at the Shoppe?

I really like these Natural Whites,but the major downside of the emitters I've been able to find is the output."U" bin would be awesome.

Thanks,
Michael

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Wayne,

I've had the opportunity to try some of these as well,and like you said,skin tones look much more natural,no pun intended.

The site says these are "U" bin.Is that correct?If so you have some really nice emitters,the highest bin I've been able to find are S2,in SRO.Of course,I dont have the connections in the business you do.

Any chance you you might offer some of the bare emitters at the Shoppe?

I really like these Natural Whites,but the major downside of the emitters I've been able to find is the output."U" bin would be awesome.

Thanks,
Michael

I believe the U bin you are looking at is for the standard white. For the Natural white I'm getting unknown bin codes and I get them from Mouser.com. If you need bare emitters you can get them at mouser.com. If you have alternate sources I would be interested in them if I can purchase small quantities. I'd love to get ones where we know what the bin code is.

The part number I used in this batch were mouser part number 889-S32280 and seoul part number S32280. They say 80lm. I suppose you can determine from that what flux bin code that is, but, not the color bin code. The few LEDs I've purchased from mouser seem to be the brightest possible. I could be incorrect.

I think someone called once and had them look at the stock to determine that actual bin code, but, IIRC they were trying to buy a full reel of something.

I know brighter would be better. For what I use it along with a three level driver I find I use the middle setting the most. It's plenty bright to see items around the house and garage area and has great run time, doesn't get warm and provides better skin tone rendition over the regular white LEDs.

Wayne

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Wayne and Cindy...

I`ve been ready to buy a few seoul GDuP drivers from you, but it appears that you don`t have in stock the reflectors needed for these units.

Am I wrong in that regard? Please let me know.

Take care...and long live your great GDuP`s!

:thumbsup:

TexLite

Enlightened
I believe the U bin you are looking at is for the standard white. For the Natural white I'm getting unknown bin codes and I get them from Mouser.com. If you need bare emitters you can get them at mouser.com. If you have alternate sources I would be interested in them if I can purchase small quantities. I'd love to get ones where we know what the bin code is.

The part number I used in this batch were mouser part number 889-S32280 and seoul part number S32280. They say 80lm. I suppose you can determine from that what flux bin code that is, but, not the color bin code. The few LEDs I've purchased from mouser seem to be the brightest possible. I could be incorrect.

I think someone called once and had them look at the stock to determine that actual bin code, but, IIRC they were trying to buy a full reel of something.

I know brighter would be better. For what I use it along with a three level driver I find I use the middle setting the most. It's plenty bright to see items around the house and garage area and has great run time, doesn't get warm and provides better skin tone rendition over the regular white LEDs.

Wayne

Thats where I got mine as well.But yours have a different part number.The ones I recieved were S42180,S2 flux bin(60lm-70lm),and SRO chrom. bin.I had them check the reel for me before I ordered.The guy I work through there is very helpful.

Here they are:http://www.mouser.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?qs=tAn5ob3kyLKvEp6t%2bc8PfQ==

I'm on a bad connection and having trouble getting the Seoul datasheet to load,so I'm not sure what the differences are,both rated 800ma max,Mouser says 60lm S32280,and 60lm-70lm for the S42180.Both look identical to the cool white P4.I'll do so more digging tommorrow when I get to a better connection.

As far as another source,I do know of some other guys that have some of the S42180.I'm not sure what chrom. bin they have,but the flux is S2.I need to find out what color bin they have,the SRO are just below 4000k,I would like to try something a little higher.I'll send you a link when I get back to my computer at work.

Thanks,
Michael

Ms_SS

Enlightened
Please check the reflectors again for Seoul and XR(Cree) reflectors.