Photo - George's New Folder Design

george tichbourne

KNIFEMAKER
Here it is, 8 1/2oz. Blade 4" Carbon Fibre scales, titanium bolsters
Frame Lock -
georgesnewfolderopenfulqv9.jpg

The bolster and handle scales have been radiused so that they feel as smooth as a well worn bar of soap. While it has heft it isn't over powering. Not the normal Gent's Folders that George makes but a stunning new design that's going to move.

We plan on making many different varients, including damasteel blades, different knife steels and handle scales.

Last edited:

george tichbourne

KNIFEMAKER
George has been re-working and fine tuning his new folder pattern. This new photo show the sharpness of the grind line and a few other changes.
newfolderaugbrickopenwt2.jpg

We're waiting for more handle material and Sandvick 19C27 knife steel for the first batch to arrive. The handle material is Deep Red, Royal Blue, Green/Black layered, Blue/Black layered. G10.

Cheers, Carol

george tichbourne

KNIFEMAKER
Thanks, I have been taking lessons on tactical type folders from one of the best and think I am beginning to capture the essentials of the genre.

This is about as far as I can go for prototype. The next one will have reversed bolster angles, and smaller frame screw heads to hide better.

George

george tichbourne

KNIFEMAKER
I really like the latest one, the sharp grind lines look great on that blade.

Thankyou Schiesz. We are looking for constructive critiquing here. Somehow we're not entirely sure this is the look/design that is going to appeal to the mass tactical crowd and George and I would really appreciate any of you who are seriously into tacticals having a good look at the knife and letting us know if that is something you would purchase or if there are things that could be changed to make it more appealing.

George has spent a great deal of time, money and materials on this project, it is going to move forward but we would prefer to have design elements tweaked/changed before we go into full blown production.

Many of you have looked at the photo but there have only been a couple people come back and say anything. Your suggestions would be appreciated. If it's something that does not have mass appeal we'd like to know about that now rather than later :)

The handle is not going to be carbon fibre, our supply of a royal blue, cherry red, green/black combo and blue/black combo G10 has finally arrived.

The 19C27 knife steel has arrived, as well as all the fancy screws, titanium etc. It will have a dual thumb stud, the bolster will be angled in the opposite direction because it doesn't work right the way it is now. George is planning on cutting the G10 short of the titanium to have a relief all around the edge. It will also have a pocket clip.

Look forward to some feedback from you knife enthusiasts.

Thanks for your time, Carol :wave: