Qwhat ever happened to Vital Gear Bodies?

merlin

Newly Enlightened
When I held my first SureFire, a E2D Defender, I loved the simplicity and design of such an instrument that gives light, and strikes. I thought it was proposterous that a company would sell a body for SureFire heads-I *was* one of those guys who would scoff at non-OEM parts until I met Sigman; who with a trade gave me a UBH (Ultimate Battery Holder). The annodizing was kinda weird, it did not have that "gruff feel," but I liked (and still do) enjoy using it.

What ever happened to the aftermarket of SureFire E series compatible bodies? I know Vital Gear was a big one. What else is there?:popcorn:

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
What ever happened to the aftermarket of SureFire E series compatible bodies? I know Vital Gear was a big one. What else is there?
  • The Sandwich Shoppe still stocks some Aleph bodies.
  • TnC Products is doing small runs of bodies in Al and Ti, and usually sells a few extras/prototypes/seconds from each Maxlite run. You can also use some E-series heads on their SF series bodies with the appropriate power pack.
  • 4sevens still has some of PEU's 2x123 Pineapple bodies.
  • JS Burly's sells an Arc->E adapter (for using any Arc LS body with an E-series head) and 1x123 E-series extensions (a la the UBH).
  • Leef has sold some 1x and 2x 18650 bodies (E-head/C-tail) through Lighthound.
  • Mirage_Man and Tranquility Base have done custom, 2-piece 18650 bodies.
  • fivemega did a run of 18500 bodies with an integrated switch.
  • McGizmo has been doing runs of Al and Ti 1x123 bodies with integrated switches, and just did a similar run of Ti 2x123 bodies.
  • ganp and erin0919 have done some custom bodies and complete hosts.
  • The NiteCore Extreme body can fit some E-series heads.
  • And as rtt said, the Vital Gear bodies can still be acquired.
That's all I can think of off the top of my head, but I'm probably forgetting some. In short, there's lots of options.

I'm personally hoping/waiting for someone to do a run of 3x123/2x17500/2AA bodies (a la the UBH) with better design and ano matching to Surefire heads.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Best use of Vital Gear bits ever, CPF user MikeM's single-cell frankenstein:

MikeMSingleCell.jpg

Stillphoto

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love my 1 cell vg body, however it fell victim to a recoating accident...my 3x123a /2 aa body is semi polished and needs to get finished..my 2 cell is still perfectly intact.

I really like them. would be nice if their tails were compatible on surefire stuff...but oh well.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
I think I still have a couple of the "1st generation" 1x123 twisty bodies and a 3x123 as well. Who originally sold those, Tadgear?

lumafist

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know where to get a few balrog E series bodies in various sizes aswell.

Spill it.....:party:

And adding to this about the VG is that that is my alltime favorite.....:thumbsup:
As discussed in another thread some people have had some bad experinces with the clicker but not me...:twothumbs

lumafist

Flashlight Enthusiast
  • The Sandwich Shoppe still stocks some Aleph bodies.
  • TnC Products is doing small runs of bodies in Al and Ti, and usually sells a few extras/prototypes/seconds from each Maxlite run. You can also use some E-series heads on their SF series bodies with the appropriate power pack.
  • 4sevens still has some of PEU's 2x123 Pineapple bodies.
  • JS Burly's sells an Arc->E adapter (for using any Arc LS body with an E-series head) and 1x123 E-series extensions (a la the UBH).
  • Leef has sold some 1x and 2x 18650 bodies (E-head/C-tail) through Lighthound.
  • Mirage_Man and Tranquility Base have done custom, 2-piece 18650 bodies.
  • fivemega did a run of 18500 bodies with an integrated switch.
  • McGizmo has been doing runs of Al and Ti 1x123 bodies with integrated switches, and just did a similar run of Ti 2x123 bodies.
  • ganp and erin0919 have done some custom bodies and complete hosts.
  • The NiteCore Extreme body can fit some E-series heads.
  • And as rtt said, the Vital Gear bodies can still be acquired.
That's all I can think of off the top of my head, but I'm probably forgetting some. In short, there's lots of options.

I'm personally hoping/waiting for someone to do a run of 3x123/2x17500/2AA bodies (a la the UBH) with better design and ano matching to Surefire heads.

Awesome list...!
Thanks...!!

Where do one aqquire a JS Burly adapter...?

merlin

Newly Enlightened
WOW...that is a really good list.:popcorn: I might be breaking the piggy bank for some items....:whistle:

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
As discussed in another thread some people have had some bad experinces with the clicker...
I have an FB1 and FB3, and if they're clickies aren't the worst I've ever experienced, they're a close second. Stiff boot plus minimal switch travel equals absolutely zero tactile feedback.

I do like the Vital Gear E2C adapter, though.

lumafist

Flashlight Enthusiast
I do agree on that part though....!
Not much of a feeling but still...

You gotta love these..

I used to have a FB2 with a KL4 to top it all off.......:twothumbs
It got stolen though....:mad:

And the JS Burly....?

:cool:

lumafist

Flashlight Enthusiast
my browser warns me from ordering from that site, security issue. also their shipping quotes r ridiculous.:thumbsdow

I`v ordered from there via mail and no issues actually...
As for shipping I think they are a bit steep but then again the other site that carries VG is even weirder....:duh2:

Panaphonic

Newly Enlightened
Is there any place where I can get an E2e compatible body
that accepts both heads and tailcaps?

lumafist

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is there any place where I can get an E2e compatible body
that accepts both heads and tailcaps?
Yes, but this has nothing to do with Vital Gear....

What you are looking for is products found in the custom section.....:cool:

"The Shoppe" is one place......:twothumbs