• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

LS20 Holesters

m-thew

Newly Enlightened
I have had a few requests to make some holesters for the LS20. If you'd be interested, please let me know here. I can make a bezel down (with a light emitting hole), open top w/clip on rear style in shark for around $60 and possibly crocodile for $100. Flapped models add $30
The open topped models are sized and wet molded to the light so that the inside leather lining is fitted to the light to help keep it in place.
S. Cheng has graciously offered to allow me to use his LS20 for sizing and I will be glad to do so if there is enough interest.
Thanks,
Matt

PD dressed in shark

sharholester-249x166.jpg

Mule shown in Holester placed vertically. PD in Holester laying down.

holesters_047.jpg

Last edited:

m-thew

Newly Enlightened
How do you do Tattoo! Welcome! Nice to see you over here, that's quite a first post.
Thanks Coach and Jyri. I appreciate your support!

That's 3 spoken for with 2 more "interested in" by PM's.
About 5 more, we'll call it a Group Build and I'll get them started.
Thanks,
Matt

GeorgeMaggos

Newly Enlightened
I have had a few requests to make some holesters for the LS20. If you'd be interested, please let me know here.
I can make a bezel down (with a light emitting hole), open top w/clip on rear style in shark for around $60
S. Cheng has graciously offered to allow me to use his LS20 for sizing. Thanks, Matt​

Hey Matt,​

please count me in as per our phone converstation :) Thanks Matt​
And a BIG :thanks: to S. Cheng for donating his LS20 for the cause :clap:

~George​

Last edited:

skcheng

Newly Enlightened
I'm so confused.......I don't know what I want :D

I guess I'll just leave it up to the master!!!

m-thew

Newly Enlightened
The flaps are secured with a magnetic snap.
Here is a photo of a gold snap. It's not as big as it looks, it's only 1/2", but this one's on a little bitty holster.

The Holester itself provides plenty of retention since the inside lining is molded to the contours of the light. The flap is as much for looks as for protection and even if the snap were to come undone it is unlikely the light could work it's way past the unsnapped flap since it folds over the top of the light. The flap is semi-rigid, not floppy like a nylon web flap on knife sheaths.

June2006_065-250x186.jpg

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can count me in on one of these beauties. Thanks for making these (AGAIN) I couldn't be happier with ALL of the holesters I have which Matt has made for me!!
It just doesn't get any better.
Thanks Matt.
Yaesumofo

m-thew

Newly Enlightened
Looks like rounding up 10 Holester orders for a group build won't be a problem!
So, I've listed the interested parties and added order buttons to the site there for you to confirm and pay for your orders:

http://artofthehide.com/Holester.html

All prices listed below include shipping this time. Whoo Hoo! Save a bit where we can.

Shark or Crocodile - Color choice, Black or Black ;-)
Snap choice - silver or gold

Prices include shipping

Shark open top $60 US, $78 International.
Shark w/flap $90 US, $108 Intl.

Crocodile open top $95 US, $113 Intl.
Crocodile w/flap $125 US, $143 Intl.

m-thew

Newly Enlightened
I see that a lot of the orders here are from previous customers, which is Great!
But I'm not seeing a lot of new faces and this tells me there must be some folks out there who may be new or haven't ordered a Holester before and have questions about just what the heck are these funny looking holsters and why do they cost what they do? I'd sure be asking too if I wasn't familiar with them.
These holsters are made with a top grain cowhide lining and bodies, are hand sewn and assembled and covered with a quality exotic hide for durability and looks. The Holesters are wet molded to an actual light to insure a secure fit much like a quality gun holster.
This isn't to say these things are a pretty piece of work. They aren't. They are meant to be utility grade and to protect your light. Hopefully they will last you a long time and age gracefully with you.
Please feel free to e-mail me with any questions you may have.
Thanks,
Matt

[email protected]

Last edited:

The Coach

Enlightened
:paypal: Thanks Matt. :party:

Unsolicited testimonial - If you're on the fence, these Holesters are fantastic. Well made is an understatement. They are rock solid. I have 3 or 4 and I have one on my belt every day. Get one, you won't be sorry. :devil:

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
A will go out on a limb here and say that as more of these lights are produced the demand for these holsters will also grow. Matt being the great artist that he is, that Matt is no dummy and when the market presents itself that he will be there for us. Otherwise call and beg.:naughty:

Yaesumofo

Hello again Matt,

Will these still be available in a few months for those of us not lucky enough to own an LS20 yet?

C.J. (proud user of one of your custom cut-down black alligator holesters)

m-thew

Newly Enlightened
yaesumofo is right, given time and opportunity I will certainly build more in the future. Unfortunately prices may be a bit higher. I got a really great deal on the Croc hides this go-around which is why I'm offering it as an option and am limited to black in color.

CJ, would you like to send in your holster for a buff and polish job?
Not sure what a "custom cut-down black alligator holester" is but PM me and we'll work something out if you'd like.
Matt

mudman cj

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where corn and pigs are grown unimpeded by trees
I was referring to a holester you made for me which is not a standard design. I think you started with one you had around and removed some leather in the front so that the top half of the light is exposed. It might jog your memory to mention that you have one of these lights on your nightstand. Thanks for offering the buff and polish.

m-thew

Newly Enlightened
Mudman CJ, Of course! I'm sorry I had a lapse. Her Highness says I do that a lot, but I don't remember. ;-)
Yes, it's still on the nightstand. Love that light.